Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Back In Exile!

And how easy it was to wind up back there.  There's so much to be doing shortly, and I am woefully underprepared.  I've really gotta do my best to get out of here.  Maybe I'm pushing myself too much.  It's a return to strength, I've gotta be with the program.  It's about perfection in human capability.  There's such little margin for error, everything has to line up perfectly, and there has to be a plan in place.  It will be glorious.  You're asking me to do something I haven't been able to do since Primary School, and even then, I wasn't particularly adept at it.  There's too much going against my favour. 

It was a relatively good weekend.  Got plenty of guitar down, and even fixed up some more ideas.  It's fun to just play for the hell of it.  When I've done a long stint, it's like I've played a concert or something, it's great.  It's tiring.  Also got some movie time in, got some reading in.  Got some rest in.  All that was missing was some game time, but that's ok, I can live without that. 

Why can't we fly?  Will we ever?  I know the answer, we are too heavy, our bones are not hollow.  The reason for this is that in order to support the biochemistry of our massive brains, we need to be heavy.  Therefore we can never ever grow wings that would support our weight to fly.  It's sad isn't it?

Another thing that's troubling is that while language extinction has always been around, the rate of it has accelerated sharply in the 20th and 21st centuries.  That's not cool at all.  Languages are intriguing things.  I was discussing this point with someone the other day, and how within the space of one country, people speak with different accents, the same language with different dialects, or even different languages.  Isn't that interesting?  But now, with the rise of English, a lot of people in developing nations focus all their efforts into getting their children to learn English so they have the best chance at jobs overseas, often at the expense of their own language and culture.  English is insidious. 

Took a look at my task list and realised I finished pretty much everything last week.  So it's on to more writing today.  I'm cool with that, it's going to be an interesting sort of day I think.  I'm not feeling well still.  Just a combination of everything I suppose.  Or things could slide together to get much much worse.

I read that apparently the planet has lost 50% of its wildlife within the past 40 years.  Shit!  That's intense.  And we are just getting worse and worse about it.  If you're not gonna put it all on the line for what you want to achieve, then don't do it.  You'll lose everything otherwise.  We won't have any stable biosphere soon.  We've changed too much, but under the pretense of jobs and profits and shareholder returns, nobody is going to care until it is too late.  Is that our secret?  We know we are a threat to the planet, that we just keep thriving like a virus until we consume everything and go off to discover new worlds?  But we just don't care to admit it?

Everything will be privatised soon.  Everything the government should be taking stock of will be sold at a profit to private business, and they will destroy services and ensure that consumers and the public will be worse off as a result.  Government doesn't care about governing or instituting good policy.  It's all about a race to the bottom and ensuring that society is more fragmented as a result, and therefore will rely on the status quo.  Always question authority, that is my only key piece of advice. 

2 more hours of this?!  I'm not going to cope!  My face is about to fall apart.  I want to be everything.  I want too much.

I'm going to call it there.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus