Tuesday, September 09, 2014

All Dressed Up, But Nowhere To Hide

It's all out in the open.  From a glorious sunshiney day yesterday, we are now plagued by the quagmire of the fog and weirdness.  I was all up and ready and raring to go this morning only to be thwarted by circumstances beyond my control.  At least I slept.  The problem is that I was up so late last night just doing silly and stupid admin tasks.  That's the life of an adult, just having your time taken up doing stupid things.  And it takes the life right out of you, to the point that you're exhausted and you have no time for anything else for recovery.  But recovery never really comes.  Now I understand why life expectancy was so low in medieval times.  Maybe we're not meant to be going on for any longer than this.  Still haven't played any guitar!  It's been 3 days!  But tonight!  I'll get back into it.  All this growing up stuff and red tape and bureaucracy, it's a load of crap really.  It doesn't need to be so difficult.  I would just like to eat a packet of chips and just go lie down.  Nothing more.

I miss the old days of having a workplace with a dedicated mailroom.  A lot of us handled our personal correspondence from there because we were at work so much.  It was actually pretty cool to get called up and do everything through there!

What I really don't like is a phenomenon I've noticed over the past few years.  When pedestrians are crossing the road, whether at dedicated crossings or illegally jaywalking, cars always tend to speed up towards the pedestrian to make them hurry up.  Why is that?  It's a microaggression threat that the person in the car is going to hurt you.  Think about it, a car is a heavy piece of metal, being propelled under power, versus an unprotected, fragile human.  One day, I want a person to just stop walking and to see what happens to the car.  Will they stop?  What will they say to the police once there's an accident?  Food for thought, and it's not cool.

Hmmm maybe I'm not thinking outside the square enough.

What I will never understand is how military personnel are expected to wear their military fatigues or camoflauge even when they are working desk jobs?  They look like idiots! What war is going on in your own country in an urban environment?!  They stand out like sore thumbs, they don't blend into the background!  Ahh so funny.

The chief executive of ESPN has explained that he doesn't view eSports as a legitimate sport, more so a competition, in that chess and checkers are.  You know what?  I'm inclined to agree.  To me, sports are about vigorous physical activity that encourages a rapid pulse to the point of noticeable exertion.  You don't get that with eSports.  Yes, it takes skill and practice to become elite, but it is not a sport.  I don't think it needs to be derided though, it's exciting stuff and people are making good money out there.  But I think it's a good study into market dynamics.  You get nerds and geeks, who are typically not very good at physical activity, and they've created a market force for eSports, in that they can get sponsored and create a living wage from doing what they enjoy, and that they're good.  Interesting, don't you think?

There's infinite possibilities out there.  Infinite choices.  I like to ascribe to the theory that for every choice we make, there's a universe/dimension where the choice we didn't make gets played out.  Think about how many beings or things there are in the world, and think about all the decisions they ever made.  Just think about how many universes there could be as a result.  Do black holes connect us to these places?  What if the real universe (or multiverse) looked more like a really condensed piece of honeycomb?  The holes take us to other places, and it's so infinitely tightly packed that if you go to the edge of something, you actually end up on completely the otherside of where you think you started.  Crazy, right?  There's just so much we don't know.

We're living in a bubble world at the moment.  Property, technology.  Everything is just overpriced.  When the bubble bursts?  That's when shit hits the fan.  That's why you shouldn't be locked up in long term things unless you can wear the risk.  Leveraged or loaned/interest positions work against people so badly.  Banks profit from your misfortune, and they profit from your fortune.  That's zero sum, only they win, and only you lose. 

Oh gosh!  Again, it's like 11am, and I've run out of things to say!  This isn't good.  This weekend, I'm going to cut my nails and I'll be playing like a genius again.  Just you wait and see.  I feel like it's going to rain.  I think openness and transparency are excellent tools to aid competition.  If everyone knows how prices are being set and what the prices and markups are, benefits and savings can easily be passed on to the consumer. 

Just over 2 hours to go until I'm done.  I can't wait.  What a strange, weird world we all live in.  That's the rub, we all live in it.  We are all together in this. 

These lazy lazy days!  Still got 90 minutes to go, and I'm just plumb out of ideas here.  On top of that, it's starting to rain!  Great! 

But I'll call it a day here.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus