Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Knick Knack Paddy-Whack Strike Back

Do what I say!  Dudes, stand up!  Wahhhh!  Hahaha, a little 90's reference for you there.  Sorry about the weirdness of yesterday's post, I was incredibly tired and I just had nothing to talk about.  But I'm a little bit more with the program now and I've got things to say, and things to do. 

I wonder in it all, do things get better for humanity?  Are we all linked in the grand biodiversity scale?  Or are we just a loosely connected bunch of people, being led in a million different directions by a bunch of individuals with emotional problems and massive egos?  I wonder.  Anyway, I'd like to go travelling again, and just see more of this planet.  I won't always be able to travel like this, free of most responsibilities.  I'm in a lucky position.  So I should act on that while I can.

On that point, I really question what will happen to humanity over the long term?  I've been to lovely places in the world that will be under water in a few decades.  These places are filled with lovely, hospitable people.  What will happen to them?  What about their way of life?  Climate change is the biggest challenge facing humanity since its existence, and its impact cannot be underestimated.  Our primary issue now is one of definition.  When I was growing up, the key term was global warming, due to the greenhouse effect and what not.  However, we've seen strange climate phenomena and weather has cooled in places, heated up in others, but it's all inconsistent.  There's el nino there's la nina, there's droughts and floods in places where it previously didn't happen.  So that means (as usual), the conservatives are up in arms saying that the weather isn't actually getting warmer, or that it's getting warmer (where it should be getting cooler due to the nomenclature of global cooling).  The key fact is that it should be defined as climate change, not cooling or warming.  This is absolutely indicative of conservative douchebags, who are serial pedants, like grammar nazis on forums who prefer to pick apart spelling and grammar rather than the actual heart of the argument, because they have nothing to add.  It's going to get all of us killed one day.  And we had a chance to turn it around, and we didn't.  We get what we deserve.

Isn't it weird how time can change your perspective?  I'm going to use the droll example of writing stuff for university or work.  You write stuff and think it's all fine.  Then you go and do something else, focus on other stuff for a few days and come back to it.  Then you realise you have a "what the hell was I thinking" sort of moment.  Hahah, I wonder why that is?  Can't first impressions be the best?

The wheels of evolution go round and round, but we've stumbled into a ditch, and here we are, just cooking in the sun.  Guitar is coming about naturally, and I'm having a good time with it.  Getting into a rhythm of life can't be good for you, because time is always the other factor. 

I've been very productive today.  But now everything is done and I've still got 90 minutes up my sleeve.  Great!  What do I do now?  I need to pay more attention, that's what.

Faith is an interesting beast, isn't it?  Not just in terms of religion, but all types of faith.  Because it's not just related to the spirital.  Faith exhibits itself in pretty much all facets of existence.  Then it sort of just crosses into the territory of hope and hunches. 

45 minutes to go.  I think I'm done with it. 

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus