Monday, September 08, 2014

Hot & Cold, Rich & Poor, Young & Old

I'm no rockstar.  Right now I'm just a regular person, so why am I feeling like I've had a crazy time out with none of the benefits, but all of the regret?  It was truly a weekend of overindulgence.  I slept a fair bit but I'm still exhausted, and I ate far too much.  I really don't like doing that, because it's just bad form.  There's a lot of starving people out there, and I don't agree that it's best just to eat all you can.  By that logic, I should be flashing my money around and spending it like crazy because there's so many poor people in the world.  What's worse is that I didn't even really get in any guitar playing.  It's out, but I didn't actively practice.  Not a good sign.  What a bad weekend.  I just want to make it through this week so I can relax and just get the things done that I want to get done next weekend.  So that pretty much means that all of this is a write-off already.  But at least I did get to show off to a kid who just got a guitar!  Not bad!

There's been a lot made about the Higgs-Boson particle, and rightly so.  Today, Stephen Hawking has come out and said that the particle may be unstable over ridiculously high energy levels, and may even be capable of destroying the universe, due to a vacuum like effect that could operate at the speed of light.  So basically, not good!  But I'm sure sometime in the future, someone will build a super collider big enough to generate that power and say that they can control the energy.  That's part of our hubris and stupidity.  It fits us as a species to a tee.  There are so many things on a universal level that could just end us.  Things like that, and the fact that aliens are more likely to destroy us rather than befriend us.  All these years of Star Wars and Star Trek have warped our mind (haha) as to how things would play out on an extra-terrestrial level.  We need to look at ourselves objectively.  We are a terrible species.  We have been around for so long, yet we still have so many problems in terms of warfare, hatred, discrimination and acceptance.  Aliens would take one look at how we treat each other, and the planet and decide to just wipe us out and take over anything else that's left.  So it makes no sense that we've poured so many resources in attempting to contact aliens and alert them to our presence.  On this, Hawking is very right.  There's also asteroids.  Do you know how many asteroids miss us on a daily basis?  Then there's those that hit us that we don't know about.  We aren't watching the skies enough, and we don't have any contingency plans in place to do something should a large scale extinction level event asteroid actually threaten us.  We are a useless bunch.

It's dawned on me that I have absolutely no clue what's going on out there.  This is all just crazy.

Another terrible thing going on is the NBA stuff.  Yes, we know Don Sterling made horribly racist remarks and was forced to sell the LA Clippers as a result.  Now we have another example with the Atlanta Hawks and their owner.  It's terrible really.  But it harks back to a comment made by Chris Rock about the difference between being rich and wealthy.  The star players are rich, but the team owners are actually wealthy - cause they are the ones who sign off on these cheques.  And they're almost invariably white.  Isn't it strange?  America has the worst problems with race compared to other western nations (I'm not saying it's not a problem there, of course it is, but it's more pronounced in America).  These black athletes whether it be the NBA or NFL are just modern day gladiators/slaves.  Mainstream white America only likes blacks when they're performing in sports for their entertainment.  They don't care about the athletes plight or any of their philanthropic activities.  It's sick.

I got some good reading in, but not enough!  I'm voracious!  Hahaha. 

This is all just very odd. 

I could fall asleep right here.  My balance is gone.  I can operate here.  Just over an hour to go.  I can finish this, and it can't come too soon since I'm insanely tired.

But let's call it a day.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus