Thursday, May 01, 2014

May Day/M'aidez

Mrs Quarrie In The Dining Room With The Iron Bar.  I haven't played much Cluedo, but when I have, I've always one.  I don't know why that is.  I don't think I have a very curious mind, but to me the answers become very apparent very quickly.  It's all about guessing the correct combination between the perpetrator, the location, and the weapon.  When you narrow things down and use some deductive reasoning, things become very simple.  It's a fun game and the length is pretty short, especially when compared to Monopoly, which can drag on for days in some slower matches.  I enjoy those classic board games, there's a reason why they're still popular after all this time.  Take your digital versions and shove it, I prefer the real thing.

There's a big furore at the moment about the government deciding to introduce a levy to help alleviate the country's debt.  It will be levied on people earning $80,000 and up, which has of course caused a lot of outrage.  I think levies are outdated and should be made illegal.  They hark back to the days of rampant monarchies needing funds from the people to fund their stupid wars.  What I've never understood is how people stood for that back in medieval times?  Why are people so attracted to the idea of being close to the crown and to power?  If people are taxing things you worked so hard for, would it not make sense to stand up and revolt?  It's just the crown, if enough of you banded together, you could easily overthrow it!  Though I'm perplexed that the conservative government is taxing the rich, that's a bit rich!  But I wholeheartedly disagree with governments expecting the people to bail it out from its prior financial mismanagement.  It's regardless of the fact that it was a different government previously, government is government.  If something major happens, then government should find other ways to save money from existing budgets.

Oh yes!  Sorry about not being able to post yesterday, it was one of the busiest days I've ever had, and I had no time to string together any notes at all.  So I'm making up for it today.  I can't believe it's May already!  But I'm realling aching for it to get past June so that I can do my taxes.  Haha is that bad?  Not really, cause once all my debts are actually cleared, I will be earning so much more money, and I can't wait!  Then again, it's not like I have anything I want to buy.  In fact I don't really want for anything, so I'm quite lucky like that.  I watch the money pile up, but there's not really anything I'm doing with it.

Can I talk about an incredibly serious issue?  East Timor has had a very dark history, with prior Indonesian colonisation and horrible mistreatment and massacres of people.  Australia has been deeply involved in this for some reason, most likely because of Indonesia's involvement.  But it's not clear whether we were helping East Timor gain independence or whether we were covertly helping the Indonesians, it's all very sketchy and the people of Australia have not been told the truth.  So let me tell you about a massive oil reserve to the north of Continental Australia.  It is gigantic and it is worth several billion dollars.  So of course Australia re-drew its international borders to claim the reserve, and cut East Timor out, despite the reserve being clearly in East Timor's territory.  How absolutely disgusting.  East Timor does not have the means to fight this kind of bullying and outright greed.  There must have been some deal - did we offer more aid?  They don't deserve to be treated like this.  Australia should hang their heads in shame, and the problem is most of us are not aware of this ridiculous theft.

Everything else, anything else except this.  But it's this which I am currently living, it's this which I'm currently experiencing.  I've got no time for anything anymore.  The next few months are going to get away from me, and it's going to eat me alive, slowly, from the inside out.  Sometimes it's all too much, but I cope somehow, I cope.  But there will always be something to write about, that much you can count on.  Remember the times when I couldn't blog?  Sheesh, I sure do!  Wow, I can't believe it's coming up on 10 years since the other started all this.  It's insane.  When you factor in the blog, it feels like yesterday.  But disregarding that and including my life, I would believe it's been 10 years.  I've felt it.  My 20's killed me, that much I can tell you right now.  It's been a violent shift in how I view the world, and what I believed before seems to have disappeared without a trace.  How drama and action packed. 

I've gotta hand it to Western Digital, they're my hard drive manufacturer of choice.  On my current comp I'm using 2 Caviar Green 2Tb hard drives, and the other day I got a reallocated sector count error on my primary drive.  Okay, that's that one gone.  What's worse is that the warranty ceased 2 weeks ago!!  What bad luck is that??!  But I did contact them, and they thankfully agreed to an RMA, and that's incredibly nice of them.  However, I was reading up on that drive, and it appears that it is prone to failure, and RMAs are quite common.  I'd hope they're not manufactured to die after the warranty period expires, because that's not right.  At least the other drive is working, and I was able to back everything up already.  But that's good service so props to them.  Hopefully the new drive won't suck.  I would be interesting in getting a new computer, but maybe not for some time.  I'll wait for prices to fall.  I'm just not keen on having to re-download and re-install everything, cause it was a pain with the current setup.

The business of it all.  The busyness of it all.  Busy busy busy.  No time for anything else.  No time to forgive, no love to give, no life left to live.  Oh I like that!  I should start writing lyrics again.  Can a missing piece of the puzzle still make sense?  Absence is presence as yet defined.  To me that strikes as something that the other used to say.  I remember the good ol' times.  The other baked and lying in bed while I played some Battlefield 2 on his computer.  Or when we cooked up a storm and drank a lot of cheap wine and played some awesome Tom Clancy games with his housemates, then went back to the other's place where he passed out (after throwing up) and I played Command and Conquer: Generals on his computer in a hilariously intoxicated state.  Those were the days.

Are we the sum of our memories, in reality the sum of our past?  Pointing down over and out.  At least all my work for the day is done.  Just gotta sit here and run out the clock.  A personal foible of mine is to see edits on wikipedia before they're moderated out.  Haha I love some of the hilarious (sometimes defamatory) things said about people and things and organisations. 

Not back in the game, not yet.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.  Hmmm.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus