Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Reality Has A Tenuous Grip On Me

I guess I'm hard to hold on to, haha!  Sorry Sara Bareilles.  I saw it and I just had to run with it.  Well with the loss of technology, I suppose I can be a bit more productive with life on a day to day basis.  Some people just make the worst impressions, especially when they come across as lazy, or when someone just rubs people up the wrong way instantly.  That's not how you get along with people.  I'm not like that at all.  This is countless.  I know more than I think I do, but it's still not enough.  Never enough. 

We are here today, yet gone tomorrow.  Just think of it!  All you know right now, that will be gone.  There is blackness, nothingness.  Not even the recognition of nothing.  That's scary!  Especially since the sum of your consciousness only comes about due to existence.  You don't even have that from your birth, because you don't have memories of when you were that young.  Maybe only from a few years old onwards, but not any earlier than that.  And just like the replicant from Blade Runner, your memories are all lost in the ether, just like tears in the rain.  In the end, all you can do is just let go and accept it. 

I've been having a grand time with guitar.  Still playing half a step down for the time being.  I'm going through all our existing songs and just seeing what sounds better half step down and making notes.  It's been going well, I even wrote a really nice chorus progression with some very obscure voicings for chords, but still listenable.  Got a fair bit to get done today, so I can try blogging and working simultaneously, but we'll see how it goes.  Being aloof and confident do not go hand in hand.  This is just one of those days that's getting away from me.  Luckily (or unluckily) it is a long one for me, so I can work it all off.

Why on Earth do people have names?  Despite all differences across culture and manners and language and religion and race and what not, one thing that stands true is that people are given names.  Why?  Do we need to be identified by others?  Do people need to identify others to maintain some relevance in life?  There is just so much to do.  At least I have another 3 hours before I can get out of here.  All I want to do is just go home and read my book.  Nothing more!! 

All the places I think I've been, all the places I've never really seen. 

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus