Saturday, May 03, 2014

(You've Got) The Body Of An Uncle

I'm just going to take it easy.  It's been a busy day, and I want to try and get something down so I can post it.  I'm just about ready to fall asleep at my desk.  I wonder why tiredness strikes at work and never at any other time?  Have things returned to normal?  Didn't I have this problem before?  Yeah, probably.  All that's left to do is overcome it by sheer force of will and tenacity.  The clouds gang up on me and they come after me in such a large force.

I would like to just sit still and think for a while.  The world doesn't allow any of us to do that.  Or at least those of us who live like this.  And we shouldn't.  I'm very excited to see that the conservative government here has incited so much rage, that even some friends who were previously apathetic are now vocally political.  It's good to see.  If only more people could band together and start a revolution.  But all we do is change under the existing paradigm, so that status quo is essentially maintained.  All that matters is what goes down on voting day, and that's a simple fact. 

Words don't hurt because they're meaningless.  In fact, neither do actions, because I'm numb to it all.  Numb numb numb.  Yeah yeah yeah!  Hahaha.

There are some important questions to answer.  I need sleep.  Like right now.  The rain is coming in.  I'm hopelessly ill equipped to deal with it.  2 more hours of this stuff?  How am I supposed to drive home if I'm half asleep?  I probably won't even make it. 

I'm so cold.  Figuratively and literally.  I can't even realise the own luck in my life.  Or am I just forcing myself to think it is better than it is? 

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus