Monday, May 05, 2014

A Shot In The Dark, Still Missing The Spark

But yet we still keep going, on and on.  The lyrics of the song still echo throughout my mind.  It's stuck on repeat.  I wish I was on fire, that would at least bring some warmth to me.  Everything is cold and stiff.  Going to be a long and busy week, that's for sure, and I'm not looking forward to it.  Top that off with two busy weekends in a row and things are looking very nasty indeed. 

Thrown out from the comfort of the womb, I am left in the cold unfeeling world of existence and life.  It will hit me even more tomorrow.  Let's see what happens, that's all we can do.  Death is the only inevitability.  Not even taxes!  Because at least people can escape taxes, and kids don't pay tax.  It's not all the same.

There's been a bit of controversy at the moment with the IOC complaining that Brazil hasn't done enough to be ready for the upcoming summer Olympics.  What a joke.  The IOC is one of the most corrupt organisations on the planet.  They make the Governments in Asia and Africa look relatively tame in comparison with their corruption, because at least those Governments aren't all pretentious and don't claim to be about anything else.  The IOC receive cash and gifts and free travel and accommodation to view provisional host cities, and the places that do the most favours are granted host status.  While I agree that the Olympics are a good thing, I think the whole way these nations are selected, and the resultant costs that follow on are completely out of control, and a joke.  Those who give the best gifts or grease the wheels the most will get the hosting title, not necessarily the best location, or most capable.  We are seeing this now in Rio, with massive budget and manpower problems.  Of course that would happen!  They don't have the experience in putting together an event of this magnitude and scale before.  On top of that, there's problems with poverty, drugs and crime.  I'm sure just like Greece and China, they will overcome the problems temporarily and put on a good show, because that's what happens at every Olympics.  The problem is that the Olympics come with a massive cost problem.  The infrastructure and logistics creates billions of dollars of debt instantly, which will most likely never be recouped.  LA is still paying for their Olympics from the 1980s!!  The Olympic ideal is good, all of humanity putting aside their differences to celebrate together and test what humans can really do.  But it's more about business these days, and profiteering.  How can you put a place like Rio into debt like that?  It's irresponsible!  But then again, does that mean the Olympics can only be held in first world white countries?  That's not right, because it doesn't represent a global perspective.  But the idea of the Olympics now just wreaks about what's wrong with modern society.  A wonderful idea, corrupted by business men and dollars becoming the key factor, so that corruption and bribery becomes King.  Nice.  If the IOC was ever independently audited, I can guarantee you, nothing good could come out of it.

Finally got my new books and I can't wait to get started!  The Slash biography was okay, but incredibly uneven in places.  Slash plays guitar like a genius, but he really is a bastard as a person.  The general idea I got was that he's not sorry for any pain or hurt he has caused by his general behaviour or his addictions.  That's not a sign of growth or reflection.  But I've now got the Arnold Schwarzenegger bio and the Duff McKagan one.  I've started the Duff one first because it's shorter, but just reading the intro spiel, it's already a fantastic read.  He certainly has a way with words.

Well I suppose I'd better do some work!  Got so much to do.  I need more sleep.  It's gonna hurt me tomorrow.  Come on!  Do we really need a consensus?!  Seriously??!

Nothing works.  I'm in no condition for any of this.  Why do we so willingly spend our lives wasting it doing jobs we don't like?  We only get one life, yet we just waste it on work and non important matters.  It's all so unfulfilling.  I'm so very tired, I want to go back to sleep.  It's only 2:30!!!  Still some time to go before I'm out of here, how ridiculous. 

With an hour to go, I don't think I can find anything more to say, so let's keep it here.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus