Monday, March 03, 2014

Toffed The Boffins

What a very strange weekend.  I don't recall doing anything.  Anything at all.  I sat at home, didn't watch any movies or tv shows, and I didn't even really play that much guitar.  In fact I barely played at all.  Not good.  Hmmm.  But in positive news, I decided to make gigantic headway in terms of getting all the films I wanted to watch.  I've had a big list going for several years of films, new and old, that I've wanted to see.  Ever since I started working, watching films has not been a priority and I have been falling further and further behind on new releases.  People who go on and on about films are usually met with a blank stare when they talk to me about them.  But this weekend I put about 30 films on uTorrent for download, and I'll be sure to get several a week.  Haha, but of course that's entirely far removed from actually watching the stuff.  But this will help, no doubt.

This body really is falling apart.  I'm incredibly tired for one, and I've managed to pick up an injury to my leg which makes exercising a bitch.  This isn't so good, when I need to get my wisdom teeth out in a few days and there'll definitely be no exercising after that.  I shouldn't have watched a video about the extraction cause that stuff is borderline torture.  Seriously, the only difference between a stone mason and a dentist is the paycheck.  A lot of it is grinding, pulling, scraping.  It's all so medieval in execution!  Crazy stuff. 

Those big digital eyes watching whatever you're doing.  It's all speculative.  I think the recent stuff was all a red herring, but the older stuff, I think it may be staring me in the face.  It doesn't gel with what others say.  The problem with facts is that I can really only verify it with my own eyes.  Things should have been thought about, rehearsed and perfected.  But it was all jumbled and nonsensical. 

I think I suffer from a fear of missing out (FOMO).  Until recently, I didn't even know such a thing existed, but there are more and more articles on it everyday.  It's probably exacerbated by social media, where I feel that I have to see every single post, or I may miss something good.  And that's a huge time killer for me in terms of getting anything else (or anything useful) done. 

Looks like things are going to be busy until I'm gone, but I'll keep blogging.  It's heading up to March, which means we are just a mere 6 months away from the blog intro/retrospective!  It'll be grand!  I'll be aiming to get through each post and start tagging things to better link stuff together for readers.

But that's it for now.  90 minutes!  I can do this!!!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus