Friday, March 28, 2014

Nobody Did

Nobody did what?
Nobody did anything.
Oh, right.

I'm assuming this is what zombies feel like.  The tiredness and the unthinkingness is all encompassing.  Everything feels like a waste of time, and existence is its own punishment.  I just want this day to be done and to be resting at home by the end of it all.  You are reduced to nothing.  Everything was built up to be destroyed.

This sort of thing happens to other people, not me.  Not us.  But it is.  And there's nothing that can be done about it.

Well how annoying!  I should have known the pieces don't fit, and what's out there doesn't tell me what I need to know.  But I'm on the up and the forward.  If only the weather wasn't so bad.

I think about my own life and how meaningless it is.  And I think at the heart of it, your life is probably worthless too.  All of ours are.  Nobody cares what happens to us, we are irrelevant in the bigger picture.  We may like to think we are, but that's not the case.

How privileged we are.  To whinge and whine about things such as airlines who revalue frequent flyer points so that you get less value out of things.  Wow, people need to prioritise their lives.  There are people out there who have never even been on a plane!  People who will never fly on a plane because it's simply too expensive.  What is wrong with us??  I hope that in general, poor people are happier than us, while we are obsessed with chasing the fickle, frivolous things in life.  May they be the only ones who know what true happiness is.  The rest of us don't deserve it.

Is it sad that I'm growing ever more nihilistic as I get older?  To me fatalism and nihilism are one and the same.  And what's truly scary is that they are the only things that make logical sense based on all the current information we have in front of us.  How disturbing is that?

What are humanity's greatest achievements?  It's all null and void, because it's only worth something in the very eyes of humanity.  And since we're not all on the same page, everyone is going to have different ideas.  How can a species that can't agree on most things even survive?  How can we thrive??  There's no hope. 

I want to go home.  I don't want to be in this anymore.  I don't want to be in on this. 


Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus