Monday, March 31, 2014

Akrasia

Do you know what that means?  It means weakness of will.  You take away the curtains of your ignorance and you get blinded by the light of knowledge.  Perhaps it's too much for you.  I'm slightly weirded out by all that's happening at the moment.  I can't take everything in.  Maybe I need a paradigm shift in how I view my own life.  Cause it strikes me, you know, it really strikes me that I am getting on in age and there is no going on.  There's no immortality.  When we're young and seduced by the promise and stupidity of youth, we delude ourselves into thinking we're invincible.  But just like everything else in this universe, we shall come to pass.  In order to exist, that's the price everything must pay.  The soreness permeates my being.

I've got half an idea to send my blognotes to my e-mail so I can finally complete some ideas, and also finally finish up my next (and long overdue) update to the Joaquin Rate List (JRL) which you can find (HERE).  For those late to the party, I set out quite some years ago to put together a definitive list of all the well-known women I found attractive.  It has been running ever since our first few months running this blog, and it gets updated whenever I get the opportunity.  It'll be due for an overhaul at some point, where I will put in some pictures to give you some idea of what I mean.  It's been a while since I've relied on the blognotes system.  In university, I carried around a notepad with me everywhere I went to jot down ideas, and they would go on to a notepad file on my computer that I could write up stuff in while I was blogging each night/morning.  Ahh I miss those days during breaks, where I would get up at 1, eat, exercise, then play guitar and play games until 4am.  I'd make time at midnight or so to blog.  Those were the days!  If I ever retire young, that's what I'm going to go back to.  Screw philanthropy!  Anyway, as life has moved on, I've forgotten about the blognotes, and instead I am now resorting to just writing up my posts during the day, e-mailing it to myself and posting in blogger.  When I'm on the move, I utilise blogger+ on the iPhone, which is a great app.  I'm sure I'm not even utilising all of its functionality, but I paid for it just so I could blog to here without much trouble, and a good, clean user interface.  It's fantastic.  But yeah, that also means that I forget a lot of great ideas that cross my mind (which scarily enough seems to happen when I'm about to fall asleep).  Let's not count those times I was not in this city and I was blogging very infrequently.  They were dark days.  Perhaps it was reflected in some of the posts?  Cause I remember how I was feeling, but I don't know if it was expressed anywhere.  Though in hindsight, I should have remembered to embrace everything that was there. Cause maybe that was a great time but I just wasn't appreciating what it was? 

There's just so much to do, and so little time.  I guess that's a perfect way of typifying life.  That's it in a nutshell.  Could I have made more of that weekend?  I don't believe so.  I read, exercised, played guitar, sorted out stuff on my phone and computer.  It was a relaxing and pleasant time.  I even slept in!  Wow!  Haven't done that in a while.  In fact I was getting less sleep on weekends for the past few months compared to weekdays, and you know that's not good for anyone, especially when your weekday wakeup time is 4 hours earlier than the weekend.  There's just so much I don't know.  But I'll keep searching for knowledge.  I can see for miles and miles.  But without understanding what's in front of you, it is pointless. 

Some people these days, sheeesh!  I just don't know, I really don't know.  Today, let's discuss intellectualism compared to morality.  Is there a difference?  Morality is concerned with doing what is 'right'.  But intellectualism may not always end up at the same end point.  In fact, intellectualism may even end up at what is considered 'morally wrong'.  Just because things have been thought through by brilliant minds doesn't always end up in the best interests of humanity, or others.  Sometimes moral reasoning can't even be intellectualised.  So in that, I think they're pretty distinct.

Ah wow, looking at my tasklist I've actually got a fair bit of stuff to get through, so perhaps I'll get some of that done before moving on to more blogging.

I could really do with a nap right now.  There wasn't anything I could do, was there?  I can see for miles and miles. 

Is there anybody out there who lives a life based on being in debt?  Never spend more money than you earn.  I can't even imagine it when there's things like interest on debt.  I've already gone into a spiel about my objections to loans for cars and homes, and the ridiculous amounts of interests that people pay on it.  Why would you pay more money than you have to?  Shop around for the best interest rates!  Get credit cards with built in interest free periods.  That's what you want.  That's what I have.  I won't give the banks one cent more than what they're entitled to, thank you very much.

Hey everyone, can we agree not to give any more money to Taylor Swift, ok?

Sometimes I really just want to go out there and just scream.  Scream at the top of my lungs.  Scream until I blow out my voice.  Scream until there's no more air left in me.  And then, even then, that wouldn't be enough to fix me. 

What really bothers me is that a lot of jobs require you to have a number of set years experience before they will even consider you for a role.  Everyone is doing things wrong.  Years experience is absolutely no indication of aptitude or skill for a job.  Places that promote based on experience and not performance are what's wrong with society.  We need to shake up how we think of things.

Guitar is going sweet these days.  Even with a few days off here and there or just not getting into it as much as usual, I've been coming up with new ideas, and tabbing things pretty accurately from ear.  Not bad at all!  I need a week off or so to just get my stuff in order and finishing off some ideas.  I need to record!  I need to do overdubs, I need to add melodies and lyrics to things!  Ahhh! 

Let's get excited.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus