Monday, March 17, 2014

There's Something Over There

And I don't know what it is.  It is freaking me out though, it moves in an otherworldly fashion. 

So yes, I'm back and it's about time.  Sorry I haven't been able to blog while away, I was meaning to, but the medication I was on after the surgery was just insane.  I was down for about 12-14 hours most days just unconscious.  When I was up, I wasn't able to stay vertical for very long at all.  I was having weird and obscure thoughts and I couldn't articulate anything.  I didn't even get a chance to watch movies or tv shows, or even finish reading my book.  I played the occasional game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and Chivalry Medieval Warfare, but that was really it.  Pretty much wasted time.  The drugs have been out of my system for a few days now, but I'm still adjusting to real life.  I could totally see myself as a junkie now.  It's a very different sort of lifestyle.  The only problem was that when I did have awesome ideas for blogging (and I had stacks), I couldn't really type any notes or even posts, and that sucks because there were some brilliant ideas.

Oh well, didn't even play that much guitar, but I did manage to get some new ideas down and consolidate some old ones so I'm happy with that sort of progress.  I wasn't looking forward to being back at work, and having been here not even a full day I can remember why.  I had things to do, but they're all done as of this morning and now the rest of the time can be devoted to blogging.  Thankfully I may have some stuff to say this time around.

So we finally have a huge mystery on our hands, the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.  For those not in the know, the plane departed from Kuala Lumpur, heading to Beijing.  It's a relatively short flight, and comparatively simple for an experienced commercial pilot.  However the flight never arrived.  It disappeared from ground radar and then appeared to fly a bit more.  Enter the crash search rescuers who have turned up nothing.  Now there are all these theories about how the plane flew for almost 7 hours more, and flew due West to the Andamans, or possibly even Australia.  But there's no trace of anything, none of the passengers or the pilots.  Theories have now shifted to a deliberate hijacking by either the pilots or someone else and then possible red herrings given over the radio, which occurred after the transponder was turned off.  This is incredibly interesting, as something like this has not occurred before.  I am wandering what the final outcome will be, and though I know the reality is most likely that the plane crashed and everybody died, I am somewhat hopeful that everyone is okay.  That sort of flight is something I could have potentially been on.

Can the tao be attained?  Or was it just a concept created just to mess with us?  It's like an asymptote.  You'll never quite get there but it appears to be so close in your grasp.  Can my life be changed?  Or is it just more of the same?  I feel like I've aged a decade overnight.  I could do with some more sleep.

I'll never understand people who believe the nuclear bombing of civilians was justified in Japan during World War 2.  People justify it saying that it avoided a costly ground war later on, but ground wars exist for the purpose of sparing the innocent.  You can't fight wars to deliberately target civilians, that's just not how things are done.  So America deliberately targets these civilians, not once, but twice and say it was required to save lives.  Yes, to save the lives of American soldiers later on, not Japanese civilians, I assure you.  Because if you think that way, then any military force is justified in carrying out attacks against civilians in any country under the guise of wanting to spare more lives in the future.  And you know how that one runs out the clock.

I think that's it for this return edition.  Hopefully more good stuff to come during the week.  I've gotta get out of here!


Disappointment still abounds!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus