Monday, January 06, 2014

Pristine Epicentre

Just idling away before getting into some hardcore work.  Got a busy month or so ahead of me, so maybe the posts won't be as thick and fast as they were towards the end of last year.  I'm also sorry for not updating the Joaquin Rate List (JRL) even though I said I would.  Perhaps I'll get to that on the weekend, and also start putting pics up for that. 

So what's new?  That last week off was brutal.  I just stayed on the couch or in bed watching movies and not doing any form of physical activity whatsoever.  I pigged out, and drank like two soft drinks per day.  Didn't sleep enough, and didn't play any guitar whatsoever.  And now it's hit me.  I'm sure I've put on about 5 kilos or so in just that week alone, and my clothes are feeling just a little bit tight.  Didn't help that I napped yesterday evening and then couldn't sleep at all last night.  I don't think I'm hydrated enough.  But this morning I made a glorious return to the gym.  Time to get everything back on track and lose that extra weight and feel a bit lighter on my feet.  Also need to get back on guitar.  I came up with a brilliant riff in my head this morning in the shower, but now I can't recall it.  I should have sat down with the guitar as soon as I came up with it!  Ahh, I hope it's not lost now cause it was brilliant.

Some things just don't add up.  I could be very wrong.  Maths was never my strong point.  There was a point in my last job where I was on top of things, but that's definitely fallen by the wayside since then.  Now that my internet quota has sorted itself out, I've been able to update my games on steam and I got into some Chivalry Medieval Warfare and I had an absolute blast.  It's so enjoyable just getting some 10 minute rounds in here and there to break up the monotony of the day.  I stole victories at the very last second in numerous FFA matches.  It was exhilarating!

So this is it.  This is my 30th year.  It's a slow descent into death from here.  I even feel different.  Things are not the same.  Where is my life going?  Fuck these teenagers and their quarter life crises.  They don't know shit.  I suppose I better try to get some work done.  At least I get to undertake the 10 year blog intro/retrospective. 

This isn't it.  Things can't slip through the grasp like that.  I could be so way off the mark, it's not funny.  And they just keep coming back to you.  From out of nowhere, I'm not even certain how.  But certainty is not my strong point.

What is it with these fake internet friendships?  They don't mean a thing.  Nothing means anything.  Death is everywhere.  Life is cheap.  All these experiences.  I would like my faith back.  Is this heading anywhere?  There's just too many questions, and the suspected answers all involve many more questions.

Ok 3 hours to go until I can get out of here.  I can do this!

Or maybe not, my brain is mush right now and I can't concentrate on anything. 

And look at that, the computer network is down so I can't work.  Home time it is!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus