Thursday, January 23, 2014

Duo Doldrums Take Place

While it was fun to get into some guitar last night, it wasn't for anywhere near long enough.  Even with my nails coming out really long like claws, I'm still able to play pretty well.  I'm even deliberately trying some new strumming patterns and it's working wonders.  Can't wait till the weekend when I can finally cut them and play well.  I regard growing nails and playing guitar equivalent to training for fitness and strength by wearing weights.  So that when you finally take them off, you will be even more proficient/powerful.  Though I'm not sure this will work for everyone, it works wonders for me.

I've lost motivation these days.  Is that what giving up feels like?  These dreams weren't worth the brain they were conceived in.  Thursday already?!  What is this shit?!  I'm so busy!!  So much to do, arghhh! 

My issue with snapchat is that I think the system is not decentralised.  You take a pic and send it to someone, but it's not directly phone to phone contact.  It goes to your carrier towers, then it goes to snapchat's servers, and then it goes to that person's carrier towers and to their phone.  Judging from what I've read about the guys who made snapchat (i.e. drunken frat boy jocks), I am willing to stake that their central server saves your personal info as well as your photos.  And judging from how I understand most people use that application, that would not be a good thing for most of you.  If they sell the program to an entity like facebook, they will know your name, your phone number, where you live, what you look like, and what you like to do in your spare time.  Would you want that information commodified?  Used against you?  Think about it.  Think about how you engage with technology.

The internet used to be an exciting and wonderous place, but then the Government got involved with their monitoring, and savvy developers cottoned on to our stupidest desires and impulses about people related information and not subject related information, and it's just become trash again.  How sad.

Do I have enough to say?  Is there anything more I want to? 

Who cares?  That's the important one.  Perhaps I'm just not even thinking.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus