Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What Would Albert Do?

I wonder how he is living his life.  Is he happy?  Did his life change?  I don't even know what that guy is doing anymore.  Not like it bothers me.  I read an interesting quote today, that anxiety gives birth to conservatism.  And you know what?  I think that is true.  Fear and ignorance tends to lead people down the dark road to conservatism.  What is needed is real bravery to inspire the right kind of leadership and proper directions that are required to make things better for everyone.  Not to be involved in gutter politics that ends up with everyone hating each other.  It always concerns me when things such as young conservative organisations crop up, because I always wonder how someone so young can be so cynical?

We are seeing interesting times in Western nations where if people are dissatisfied with their lives in any way, shape, or form, they are left to blame their leaders.  People seem to be so powerless in their own lives to seize their happiness.  What's more is that people are usually living okay lives, and are taught to believe that things are not going well, so they should be unhappy and find other people to blame.  It's good politics really, but piss poor leadership.  And it's bad for society in general.

I really need to cut my nails.  Didn't get to a lot of personal stuff yesterday, so not much guitar, which sucks.  In fact, time is running out before I'm done and out of here.  From a country perspective, as well as from a work perspective!  Got 90 minutes to blow before I can go home.  I'm looking forward to eating something and just vegging, but I know I have to pack. 

Sometimes it's fun just to read wikipedia and understand just how crazy and awesome things are in life.  We should all really get out there and explore it a bit more.  It's a great big world out there, and sometimes we get a little too rooted to the mundane.

I'll leave it here for now though.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus