Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hurtling Through Space Is Scarily Silent

What are we?  I mean the sum of us?  Are we just insignificant specs of randomly assembled matter, doomed to exist for only a short while, while floating on a massive blue rock in space, traveling really fast in the middle of nowhere, at some point in the cold, uncaring and empty universe?  Are we really nothing?  Or is something else at play?  Something unseen?  I don't understand this concept in religions that God is tied only to humanity.  We evolved from apes, so why is there no link to God and animals in any religious text?  Wouldn't God be apparent to animals if God was tied to life?  Cause it leads more credence to the idea that God is an invention of humanity to deal with the loneliness of existence and the issue of our predicament.  It's food for thought.

Today is my last day of work before I'm off, so just looking to relax and not do too much.  Not looking forward to 20 hours of travel ahead of me.

So Brad Manning was sentenced to 35 years in prison today for his part in the wikileaks scandal.  What a load of crap, the guy exposed war crimes!!  This is what's wrong with the government today, they are in such a haste to cover up their own mistakes (or even if they're not considered 'mistakes' they don't want the public to find out), they will circumvent pre-existing laws regarding whisleblowing to throw people in prison.  Good job, it's a good way to get people not to leak these atrocities.  I wish the world was more outraged about this sort of thing.  It's just not right.

And things are repeating themselves.  I like to believe in the cyclic model of the universe - that gravity eventually overwhelms all matter and we get shafted into a big crunch.  But eventually, there will be another big bang, because the pressures of such density are just too much.  And we go through things but in a different way.  Isn't that beautiful? 

2 hours to go until I'm out of here.  And to think, just this morning I had thoughts about the mysteries of the universe, and now I can't cope with anything.  How quickly things can change.  And that's what's stopping us, that's what's stopping me.

Cut my nails so guitaring is going well.  We'll see about tonight, cause I need to finish packing and getting all my crap in order.

And so it is, the wheel still turns.  As it always will.

I'm done.

This may potentially be my last post for a while, so take care folks!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus