Friday, August 02, 2013

The Descent Is Always Worse

I'm really looking forward to getting out of here.  I should have taken another overnight trip later in the month, but I decided to be a nice boss and let someone else go because they wanted to.  I will instead do a day trip instead that day.  But I still have my overnighter at the start of next week and I'm looking forward to just getting my work done in peace.

I'm very pleased with how my guitar playing has been going lately.  I probably did experience a loss of motivation in the middle of last month, and it was impacting how I played and what I was playing.  But these nights I'm getting through 8-9 songs per day and I couldn't be happier.  But what's the point in playing if nothing is going to come of it?  That's the thing, something could come of it.  Because there's good stuff.

What I'm concerned about is that in a matter of a few weeks we started living from pay cheque to pay cheque.  How did that happen?  Oh yes, I know.  Financial irresponsibility on behalf of someone who isn't me.  Some people just have no bloody idea how to manage things.

At least it's Friday, right!  I'm just going to veg out and play guitar.  After my standard Vanilla Coke, of course.  Foiling plans like a genius!  Hahaha!  It doesn't work, it couldn't have worked.  What is it about human nature that always leaves us wanting more? 

Got a raging headache at the moment and all I want to do is go to bed.  But I've still got 5 hours of this crap to get through.  And I can't breathe!  I'm so bloody congested. It's a load of crap really.  For some reason, when I woke up this morning I was insanely hungry.  Like I hadn't eaten in days.  I couldn't tell you how good it was to finally scoff down breakfast, but I know that for most of the world's people (a lot of them children), they won't get the same opportunity for such a meal at the start of their day, no matter how hungry they are.  May the poor eat the rest of us alive.  Just through sheer numbers, they should take what is owed to them.  They work, too.  They fight everyday for survival, and for the rest of us, it's so easy and all we do is fight to justify our first world problems.  I've read reports and articles that state that humanity creates enough food and materials to feed, clothe and house everyone in the world.  Yet so many go hungry and homeless.  It's just that we create so much for profit that most of it goes to waste.  And that makes me ill, it really does.  We try to acquire more, and yet we are never truly happy.  All this greed and envy - now you can understand why I can't stand old money.  So much unearned wealth.  Anyway, when the numbers overwhelm, they have every right to take everything.  We should have helped, yet we ignored them while they were starving and dying of basic diseases, and they should just devour us.

This brings me back to a thing which has just started happening in a lot of big cities - yarn bombing.  Essentially it is where people put knitted scarves or hats on statues in public areas.  For no reason!  Isn't it sad that it's the middle of winter in a very cold city, with a high population of homeless people, and people are just putting these things on statues?  What disgusting behaviour.  People are literally dying, and people are giving away warm clothes to statues.  Just for the sake of a picture on instagram.  It just speaks volumes about who we are as a society.

What I really disliked the most about journalism was that they really drilled it into you to re-write sentences as short, sharp and precise.  As such, a lot of beautiful prose just went out the window.  Now, when I'm trying to write creatively, things are just blunt and brutal.  I don't like it!  They've take my creativity away from me!!  Damn you all to hell!!!  To hell, damn it!!

I'm looking into some travel later in the month and I may have to transit through America.  Wow!  What an unwelcoming place!  Even transiting, you have to undertake a Visa Application waiver, and go through a full on application.  What the hell?!  What an uninviting place!  Technically airports are not attached to the 'real' land of the country. It's technically an International area, so to have to force that sort of requirement on people is ridiculous.  And that's not it!  They can still refuse you entry and send you off if they don't like you!  This got me thinking about American foreign policy and how messed up it is when you consider how they police their own borders.  Their border protection motto is 'securing America's borders' - well that's lovely, I find that hilarious considering they like to invade the borders of other country's and kill their citizens. 

But going even further, I'm not sure about this strategic alliance with Australia.  We play an important role for the US in terms of policing South East Asia and a bit of the Pacific.  We have a lot of US military and intelligence installations in the country, and we've recently allowed a US military attachment to stay permanently in the North of the country.  That's just a bit weird.  I don't think the US really does anything for us.  If worse came to worse and Australia went to war with an Asian neighbour, you bet your ass the United States would not help us.  They wouldn't send reinforcements or anything like that.  They would probably send aid, it's not in their interest to get involved in that sort of conflict.  Taking it to its ultimate conclusion, if for some weird and obscure reason, Australia was destroyed by a nuclear power, do you think the United States would retaliate on our behalf?  Absolutely not.  They are looking after themselves, and that's ok, but Australia and its citizens need to understand that.  It is also undermining the work going on to carry out strategic alliances in the part of Asia that we're in.

Damn, this has been a pretty good and productive blog, I'm very impressed!  Hahaha, what started out as just a nothing post has grown!  Isn't that how it is for pretty much anything?  Well it's just 20 minutes to go until I'm out of here and I cannot wait! 

But I'll call it here.  Take care, folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus