Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Who Loves You, Baby? 600th post!

Yes it's true, according to Blogger, we have reached 600 posts! What a milestone! I hope you've enjoyed the reading so far, and all the reading to come for many years.

Before I go on any further, as promised I have updated the Joaquin Rate List (JRL). You probably thought it'd never happen, so screw you, I did it! I hope you enjoy the latest updates. They can be found here.

What strikes me is when people who you were never really close to somehow find you and contact you on social networking sites like Facebook or something, then have the gall to want to meet up with you! What's worse is that you look like a tosser if you say no! There's a reason why we weren't that close, it's probably cause I didn't like you, and I still don't! Why do you want to waste my time?? So of course I try to delay as much as possible and hope that they forget about it. Why the hell would people suggest to meet up?! It's even stranger when it's people you detested - and who in turn detested you!

A strange thought - fat people offering food. I mentioned the other day that I burned the crap out of my mouth (which still hasn't healed 100% thank you)! Well some chubby girl was the one handing out the meat pies that I burned myself with. I always feel sad if I refuse, and somehow feel guilted into taking the food. Like if you don't eat the food, they will and in turn will get fatter! It's sad don't you think??!

My new boss is a pain in the butt. First I didn't get acknowledgement for awesome work, which I thoroughly deserved mind you! Then they made me change stuff in things that had already been approved by the former boss! Not just that, the wording they changed meant EXACTLY the same as the way I had written it before, but now it was a lot chunkier and slightly confusing! Obviously one of those people who has to change SOMETHING/ANYTHING in order to validate their self worth, or their paycheck.

I learned a LOT about finance from my old job. I was surrounded by people who were genuinely interested in the subject, and it was the subject matter in some of the work I had to do. As such, I got to learn stacks about things that other people don't usually care for, or find too complex. As mentioned in the last post, I have substantial capital now. I'm no wondering whether I should put some effort into some concentrated, aggressive investing. Things like margin loans and foreign exchange gains. Yes margin loans are dangerously risky, but the chance for gains are ridiculously high if you apply it well.

With foreign exchange, I missed a grand opportunity previously. The AUD was at 90 US cents. My friend said that things will drop once interest rates become lower. They became lower, and the forex became something like 50 US cents to the AUD! Oh my god! If I had listened to him and transferred something small like 5,000 AUD to USD just for that amount of time, I would have doubled the investment! Now interest rates have risen and the dollars are almost back on parity! Will it happen again? I'm too chicken to try!

I don't have that much work on at the moment. As such, I have been researching financial topics like the ones mentioned above. It's true that you have to make your own work in the public service, but I don't see the point in that, it just wastes resources, and you make yourself inefficient when real work comes around.

Anyway, I have a hankering for some guitar, so let me hit that up before bedtime. Have a nice day folks. Joaquin out!
blog comments powered by Disqus