Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Sometimes You Just Have To.

I'm in the money. I don't know if this has happened to any of you, but have you been in a situation where your expenses now equal zero? Therefore any money that comes in to you is all revenue? Each paycheck I receive adds to my bank account, and I love seeing that balance figure going up every fortnight, as well as at the start of the month with interest payments from my uber savings. It's a great feeling.

I'm sure I've explained this before, but I have 3 accounts. A credit card (with exorbitant credit) that I never use, unless it can't be avoided - restaurants, online purchases etc. Then I have my regular spending account which I keep at a standard $1,500 amount, no more. By doing this, I can never spend more than that particular amount over a fortnight period. It also stops me from buying heaps of little things, cause once you drop below the $1k mark, you start looking poor. Haha, it happened to me every fortnight when I was in Sydney with rent and groceries etc. It wasn't a great feeling.

Then I have my high interest internet based savings account. Everything above that $1,500 amount in the other account goes into here. At this point in my life, that number is rather substantial. I could buy a high performance sports car in straight cash if I wanted to. However, I am saving for a house or a nice holiday, so we'll see what happens. I remember being in Sydney and seeing my savings only regularly accrue in a low 3 figure amount. Now that I'm here and earning more, my savings are going up by 4 figures every pay check, which I am absolutely loving.

This particular change means that in the space of 8 months, the interest payments I derive at the end of each month are now 3 times as much as what they were previously. I cannot believe this!! I am amazed and oh so happy!

Here's to buying stuff and getting the hell out of here.

Thanks for bearing with me folks. I will update the JRL as my penance tomorrow. Have a nice day. Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus