Monday, February 08, 2010

The Land Of Opportunity

Courtesy of the generosity of the friend who broke my guitar string, I have now got GTA4. Goddamn, it looks AMAZING! It plays awesomely and I have barely started the game!! I cannot believe it! I am freaking out, it looks REAL!! REAL! No cartoons here! I'm already forgetting about GTA SA! I can't believe it!

So what did I have to say? I was reminded of a funny random story the other day. I remember when I was a kid we were driving home and a police officer passed us by on a motorbike. I gave him a thumbs up to say "hey good job". I was not wearing a seatbelt. So of course we got busted and I think we got off with a warning. But hey, way to do a good job! Scare a kid that thinks he's done the most heinous crime imaginable and doesn't like police anymore! Haha, but the message got through, I always wear my seatbelt now.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I will mention it again. At the request of the other I tried out a nice Mexican fast food joint called Zambreros. It was bloody amazing. So well made, tasty and fresh. Cheap too! Not just that, the other told me about a girl he liked there. Of course I figured the best looking one was the one he liked. Haha of course I was right! Good choice, we share the same tastes.

My friend and I had an insane session of COD4: MW 2 the other day. I arrived at 8pm and we finished at 3:30am! Co-Op spec ops missions are the best fun ever. We smashed the juggernaut related missions easily on Echo, we just need to finish the Breach mission and it's all done! We can get back to playing Gears Of War 2 Co-Op! I can't wait! Had some brilliant stories in there, I am a juggernaut killing machine! Haha I also remember on the explosives + knives mission that we were pretty much goners on the last juggernaut when I realised I still had my C4. So I was laying it down in a trap when it came around the corner and I knew we were screwed. I told my friend to move back cause I was about to just blow up all my C4 with the juggernaut on it...with me there to lure it! Sure enough, it worked! I hope I get a posthumous Victoria Cross medal for my exploits!

We have this road here called the Gungahlin Drive Extension. It was a novel concept. To link the northernmost suburbs with the main arterial road in Canberra. They had other avenues of getting there, however the lobby groups bitched and whinged and moaned and finally got their way; at the expense of the rest of us. Traffic around the road before the extension became a bloody nightmare! It's such a bad road, now that everyone on the North side takes the road and not the other roads, traffic is congested along that main arterial road. A trip that should take 12 mins (even in traffic) now takes 30 mins. It's ridiculous. What people don't understand is that roads are a network, and changes to one road will have an impact on other roads.

However, having said that, it's a handy road. I take it when I go to the North side now to visit friends. It was planned for some reason as a single lane two way road, which was absolutely stupid. What if a car breaks down? What if you're stuck behind a slow car? No overtakes possible I'm afraid! This is partially not the builder's fault. They ran out of funds when completing the road due to the number of legal challenges faced when environmentally relevant land was being cleared away. The road itself is not in the best shape, but it is now being upgraded and an extra lane is being added both ways which in THEORY should mean less traffic. However that arterial road has not been upgraded and it cannot handle the existing traffic, let alone increased traffic flows from an upgraded road. This city needs a ground transport plan!! A consolidated one to make everyone happy. Where did all these bloody people come from?!

Haha, that's it for now folks. Have a nice day. Joaquin out!
blog comments powered by Disqus