Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Lonely Lunches With Cameron

I don't know why, but everything seems to be in a state of flux at the moment.

I was working at my desk when I saw the face of someone who I had seen before. This fellow is the spitting image of Kiefer Sutherland (and hence Jack Bauer)! Haha, oh it is priceless. It reminded me of when I first saw him at some information session being held at another building. He was wearing casuals and aviators and just looked like the biggest buffoon ever, I was trying not to laugh my ass off! It was incredibly difficult, especially with an incredibly attractive woman in
the session, but Jack Bauer was in there and he was cracking jokes!!

So my new boss is tough! More so than I'd like. I'm getting a lot of stuff beneath my level, like reporting and just simple fact finding stuff. I was also bumped from a meeting that I had planned and set up! And then I'll probably have to report on it and write up notes on this meeting I did not get to go to! Haha oh well! It was a nice mix of a slack and busy day today. I really need a handheld electronic chess game! It'd be much easier to get away with. Especially compared to a chess game on the computer on a 24 inch screen!

I read that Soundgarden is reforming! That's awesome news, definitely one of my fave bands from the 90's! The other was suitably impressed too. But what about Matt Cameron and Pearl Jam? How will he play for both bands? DOUBLE HEADLINING TOUR??! Haha we'll see. It seems everyone is reforming these days! Whether warranted or not - Bros, Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine, Spandau Ballet, Jane's Addiction (I think you can tell which ones are warranted and the others less so from that list)! It's a crazy world.

Music and the things I can play now. It's interesting, besides a shocker of a day today with my warmup exercises (some days you just have off days, no matter how hard you try), my playing has come a long way. When did my skills get so much better? From just THINKING of my playing when I first started to where I am now, I am just amazed at the progress. I really never dreamed that I'd be able to play like I can now. Now to see how it goes with other instruments!

Yes I think you've gathered that I am bored at work most of the time. I am starting to think I'm suffering from brain rot. I'm telling you, people with boring desk jobs have to have higher rates of dementia as they grow older. I'm a firm believer in the adage that you lose it if you don't use it! I used to be smart, right??!

The windows at my new desk are heavily glazed - even if I don't face them it's still really dark where I am. I feel like I'm not getting my Vitamin D intake!

I was with some friends the other day who I realised had not accomplished anything. They're pretty much going on 30 and they're still working retail. They have no tertiary education and they have no other skills. Where is life going to lead them? Then I realised I can't be friends with people like that. When you realise that you make 2-3 times as much as some other people, it somehow alters your perspective - though not in a snobbish way (I'm pretty sure it's coming along like that at the moment though).

Why do we have to deal with personal relationships?! It's a pain in the ass. Personal relationships. Isn't that a tautology? Aren't all relationships by their very nature personal?? I don't know if I've ever blogged about it previously, but this is going to be the toughest year I've ever had. Everything - professionally, personally, academically - yes I am going back to university in order to obtain the qualifications to become admitted as a Solicitor.

But for now I am incredibly tired. I just need a break from everything to do with my life at the moment. Get away from it all for a while, just recharge my batteries and enjoy myself.

I miss my old place in Sydney! The fabulous luxury one bedroom apartment! It was so quiet, in a central location, it was wonderful! Prime, exclusive real estate it was! I was living amongst millionaires and drug dealers (surely)! I was easily the poorest person there. The place had good facilities, I should have used them more, including the pool! I should have made friends with the attractive women that seemed to inhabit every 3rd apartment!

Random break: there was this kid in Primary (elementary) school who used to suck his thumb even at the age of 11-12. It was incredibly disconcerting, even for us, even at that age! What on Earth was going on with him?

So she's back! I thought I'd never see her again, but the stalker girl is back with a vengeance. I'm sorta glad though, she does bring a smile to my face, with her tall stature and totally impossible body. Damn you private schools!

Goddamn, Streets Of Rage is HARD. I was playing the first one last night and I died on the last level, just before the boss! How frustrating! Some of the sub bosses are downright impossible, but it's a damn good challenge. Playing the second one at the moment, much easier, but definitely a lot more fun!

I've had this weird feeling lately that my teeth are being touched by something. The front teeth on my lower jaw. It just feels odd! I hope nothing serious is happening! A trip to the dentist may be on the cards.

Anyhow, that's it for now folks. Have a nice day. Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus