Monday, February 01, 2010

A Crooked Rendezvous

It's interesting catching up with people who I have not seen in years. I think these people are usually inclined not to meet up with me again. I think I'm different from when they knew me. I'm definitely quiet, more withdrawn, and that probably makes me a difficult person to deal with. I don't know what triggered it, and I don't know when it began, but I know I'm not the same person I was before.

Kids give up too easily these days. We had a dinner party last night and I had to entertain some kids, so I let them play the Sega Mega Drive Emulator "GENS" and a lot of my fave games were on there. The Sonic series, Streets of Rage, Road Rash, and these kids thought the games were too hard and kept changing games cause they were bored. Sheesh, kids these days, no hopers. I LOVED the challenge of these games, and the difficulty just made me want to play them even more. Haha they probably contributed to my annoyingly competitive mindset of today. Games of today are definitely much easier. And I just want to say that the Streets of Rage series has the 2nd best music of all time (compared to Panzer Dragoon 2)! I hope they remaster that stuff and do it professionally! Good techno/house stuff, the perfect soundtrack to bash punk mofos to!

Also got a bit more into the drumming, and it's loads of fun! Just need to find that right groove, that right feeling, and you can just nail everything. Playing butt end out with the sticks also gives me a brilliant dynamic, I love it!

I don't know if I notice this more than others, but I think people have doppelgangers - the reason people don't recognise this often is because it's not linked to race. White doppelgangers can have indian doppelgangers and so on! So it's not so much a case of "all you people look alike", it's more a case of "you look alike!" There's this guy at work who is the clone of some Indian guy I'm sure I've met a long time ago. I've also seen it in stacks of people! Keep an eye out, and an open mind!

Have a nice day folks. Joaquin out!
blog comments powered by Disqus