Saturday, March 19, 2005

"That's very nice, but I just smoked some crack a little while ago"

It's a day late, I know! I'm sorry!! But here's the good ol' update. I'm getting one of my assignments out of the way today. Just gotta edit my interviews down next week and I'll be sitting pretty.

Ahh, note to self: enter that Getaway competition! They're giving away a trip to all the destinations in The Da Vinci Code, and all this fancy accommodation and 2 grand spending money! So if I win, I'm taking the other with me. Hehe who cares about school?! It's The Da Vinci Code!! My fave book of all time. What's funny is that on Dan Brown's website, he's mentioned that even though some Christians have come down on the book, on the whole they know it's just a work of fiction and enjoy reading it. But now there's a big furore cause one of the Vatican's people has openly criticised the book, which is damn funny (pun intended), because the book is 2 years old! I thought I was late getting into it, where the hell (sorry, heck) were they??!

Young people freak me out. It doesn't matter if they're one year or five years younger, they just freak me out! Is it just me or they all growing bigger and older, faster and stronger than my generation?! I'm scared! They're superior in almost every way, except intelligence of course! They'll take over society and we'll just get bred out! I think there's something important about 1984, it's just such a marker in history and the other and I don't know why. It's just something special, and that's why we're all awesome.

OHHH I am soooo pissed off! Gabrielle Boyle has been doing so many stories at our uni that it's just not funny! I have missed her every time and it's terrible! I want to meet my favourite reporter damn it! It was also scary because in one of her stories a few weeks ago, she was doing some vox pops and one of the people she interviewed was leather girl! She has an Australian accent! So funny, cause I thought she had an American one. Win News has a thing about showing stock footage whenever they do a story on universities. Anyway, sometime last year, they managed to get footage of Superfine walking around and it was played on the story! So it was the beautiful power of three with that story! Miss Boyle, Leather Girl and Superfine! AHh, must contact Win news and get a copy of that story.

Good ol' long weekends. Too bad it infringes on one of my Monday lectures, so the bastard in charge decided to have that lecture moved to Wednesday afternoon!! Damn him.

Holy crap, it's up to week 5 already! Where the hell did the time go??!

Seinfeld's observations are so underrated! Case in point? MAN HANDS! You may remember that episode where he was dating that very attractive woman but she had masculine hands and it freaked him out. It was hilarious, as when they focused on the hands, they'd cut to an actual man's hands in the woman's clothes and it just came off so well. Anyway, there's this girl in one of my classes who has just shown up (who the hell misses a month of classes?) and she is absolutely striking. When I was sitting next to her I was just admiring her, when I noticed her hands!!! THEY WERE THICK, NAILS BITTEN, FINGERS ALL DEMENTED and I just wanted to scream and run the hell out of there! I'm used to guys having butchered hands, but on girls it's so disconcerting, and in this case it's compounded by her beauty! Don't worry, I'm not a hypocrite, my hands are lovely!

Well that's it for today's blog, have a nice day!
blog comments powered by Disqus