Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Wish I Had The Time

Because I have nothing else, but I am wearing a watch! I've got the biggest urge to sit at home, drink some vanilla coke and just play some games and watch some movies. I don't want to do anything else right now, but here I am, stuck at work, bored out of my brain!

Reading up on a lot of historical figures - the founding fathers, generals etc. I'm wondering if anyone in the modern age can ever reach such heights of greatness again. Can I ever be that great? I hope these aren't delusions of grandeur.

Your friends today are your enemies tomorrow, but rarely is it ever the other way around, don't you think?

What's money? What's your value? What's your net worth? It's all meaningless when you take it out of context. George Washington was quite rich, but if you put him in a time machine with all his money, he wouldn't be worth anything today. Currency has changed, they don't mark bills the same way as they did in his time. His land holdings don't mean anything now. But this was a guy who was one of the wealthiest men in the country. What does that even mean in 2012?

Food for thought.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus