Friday, July 27, 2012

Does That Sign Say Redneck??

Cause that's what it looks like from my office window!! But it doesn't say that, unfortunately.

In (not quite) defence of Julian Assange: the guy is a tosser, basically. I think we can all agree on that fact. But the work he accomplished with wikileaks is a matter of international importance. Governments are all too keen to keep information from its citizens who elected them to power. And what's more, there are absolute motherfucks out there who insist that the Government should be able to keep secrets from its citizens. How can that be right? It goes against all the principles of democracy! If that's the case, people like that should NEVER have the right to complain about Government or criticise it when they find answers hard to come by. If the government bulldozes your house, then too bad, you're a shit who doesn't deserve to part of regular society. What's more, is that douchebag conservatives who are more likely to support this line of thinking are ones who love things like revolutions and wars. Just wars and revolutions occur because of governments behaving in secretive fashion like this! Jeez!

I support Wikileaks, yes. But do I support Assange as a guy? No, not really. The guy has been accused of some pretty serious things. If he's innocent, as he claims to be, then why not face the charges? He will come off smelling like roses if a court exonerates him. I understand there's complexities related to potential extradition, as obviously the Americans and the British Governments want him, to punish them for making look like the idiots that they are. So why not have the trial somewhere neutral and have it out? Cause all this
pre-trial nonsense and asylum requests are not making him look good.  Go to trial, that's how the legal process works! Clear your name! I'm also disgusted by the hypocrisy of some people. People should be rightfully making a point that sexual assault is not to be tolerated. But as soon as someone of importance allegedly commits the crime, it all must be a conspiracy and he's innocent! What the hell?! Next you will be saying if someone attractive does it, then it's not really sexual assault. God help us.

I read today that Google has just trialed a new super fast internet in America in some place with a line speed of 1 gig per second. Wow! That's amazing, I wish I had that sort of speed! But then it got me thinking. What's the point in having it so fast? That's seamless, bufferless internet. All it will result in is you processing even more information during a given time on the internet. I'm not sure whether this is a good thing. For example, I remember being in a third world country and trying to check my hotmail. It took me 30 minutes, so it's all I did and I got over it. Now, let's apply this new super net to my 30 minute window. How many things could I do? I really only needed to check my e-mail, but I'm sure I would be doing heaps of other things of no relevance. And I think that's the key point, we are changing our minds to absorb as much information as possible. And guess what? Most of it is useless. It adds no value to your life. We really are turning into those humans from Wall-e where our bodies will just grow large and fat and useless, as we will
no longer need them.

Guitar, ah, good old guitar. Let me tell you that it's an incredibly difficult instrument when you first start. It may seem impossible, but if you keep up with it, you will eventually get better. I remember playing my first G chord and wondering how the hell I'll play anything else, given that I couldn't move chord shapes without
stopping, moving my fingers and then resuming playing. But now I can play quite proficiently, and even through that, play a number of other instruments. So just keep up with things you find difficult, you will
get better!!

I'm just planning a nice relaxing night tonight. Hell I might even sleep early. Just need to have my vanilla coke and watch some good game as part of my Friday ritual though.

That's it for today folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus