Monday, January 16, 2012

Signs That You've Failed

You look at the birthdates of all the people who've accomplished something. Eventually the years start getting bigger until you realise that all these people are younger than you. Your life has just gone by and you have done nothing.

It looks like it's raining outside, yet I know it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.

A fleeting life, even for just a moment.

Jann Arden's Where No One Knows Me is such a great track. For some reason, it really makes me want to play guitar. It's a simple track, so I wonder why that is! Sometimes it's the easy things which give us joy.

There's a lot of good music out there if you are willing to just look for it or to keep your ears open!

What I love about reading a few old posts is that at one point I thought at one point that I was going to beat the previous year's posting total of 79, then I just totally petered out and only got 76! I was so convinced I could do it. Oh well, it's not about quantity, it's all about the quality!

I wonder why output for us was so big during University? Perhaps we were actually engaged with things where we could argue and debate and form opinions on things? When the mind is massaged in such a way, of course there will always be plenty to say. Now it's more of a "meh" mentality and we cannot be assed to do anything really. What a shame.

What's heartbreak? All these rambling thoughts. I should start writing again.

I want my words to hit you like a ton of bricks. Right on top of your fucking head.

Falling apart at the seams, I'm struggling to exist right now. If I could melt away into negative space, that's what I would be doing right now.

Then when I'm done, the idea won't be to hate you. Not to detest you or anything like that, but just simply forget you. Deny your place in who I am. Like you never mattered, never existed. Now that, that is appropriate punishment.

Apparently I am grinding my teeth and frowning in my sleep. Great, now I'm a raver in my subconscious mind. Fucking fantastic. I wonder what I'm so stressed about?

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus