Friday, December 25, 2009

Sometimes You Win, Sometimes You Lose, Sometimes You Have To Sing The Blues

And sometimes you really need to question what the hell is going on. I'm just in a state of flux right now. My mind cannot concentrate on a damn thing. My best laid plans are going to waste and I'm getting angry and unsettled.

The days are being taken away from me. I only get a certain number of days off per year, and they are being taken from me! I cannot enjoy my own time, my own piece of mind. Livid!!!!! Fucking livid here.

I realise I have been slack lately, and I did mention it before, but the update to the Joaquin Rate List (JRL) will be coming soon.

I was struck by a bout of nostalgia earlier. I was thinking about woodwork/metalwork class in highschool (around year 7 or 8). Anyway, my friend was slack and never finished his work, so I would let him take my works and hand that in to be marked. And he would get higher marks than me! Like what the hell?! We got arrogant about it, and one time I got something marked, passed it to him and 10 secs later the teacher saw it (again), and awarded it higher marks! It even worked the other way, when I would take his work and claim it as my own, I would get lower marks. We laughed about it at the time, but looking back, it really felt like I was discriminated against. So much for nostalgia huh?

Got up in some Wii Sports today, vs a bunch of kids (8-10 year olds). Hahah so I should have been nice and let them win, since it's Christmas and all, but I don't think that sets the right competitive edge in children. Wii Boxing - those kids just like to throw punches willy nilly, they don't care about accuracy, or openings. Work that dodge and block, wear them down, efficiency of movement don't get tired swinging. One big hit, they open up, you nail at least 3-4 more big hits in that range, work the advantage. To their credit, they did floor me a few times with some nasty body shots, but eventually I got up and it was just straight KO's in the first round for me. Beautiful.

Ahhh why am I so discontented with my life?? I need to get out of here. Another rut to be buried in. This is not welcome.

Joaquin out!
blog comments powered by Disqus