Sunday, December 20, 2009

"Back and to the left, back and to the left"

Yes I just watched JFK for the first time and what an absolutely fantastic film. Regardless of what you think about the "conspiracy" or lack thereof, I think it was a well acted, well made film.

Attraction? What is it? Is it the thing that drives us? Not just on a physical level, but what attracts us to things? Activities, places, people. It's interesting, but I think it's just a phenomenon which cannot ever be explained.

Next week is my last week before my promotion, so I am looking forward to it and to tie up some loose ends work wise. I'm also aiming to get in a lot of chess and learn a bit about my new role before I start. I just know I'm going to be busy and have to learn a crapload of stuff I don't know how to currently do. But overall, it should be an easy week.

How come everyone that has gone to a public toilet cubicle before me seems to have had a bout of food poisoning or stomach trouble?? EVERYWHERE, always!! There's stuff that defies physics I tell you, even the magic fecal theory!

I think I've identified a key issue. I get an idea to blog, but when it actually comes time to blog, I'm just in a different frame of mind, and most of my motivation just goes out the window. I'm hoping to remedy that somehow, but I don't know how just yet.

Lately I have been getting absolutely smashed in chess. I put this down to my hastiness. Usually I have a lot of patience, but I am being rash with some decisions, and losing a lot of material on stupid moves, or losing valuable pieces on exchange which don't have the same value. I should re-evaluate and play properly!

I've also been listening to some J-Pop (japanese pop music) lately due to my anime loving. The melodies are fantastic, even if the understanding of the lyrics has been gone for some time. I really cannot speak or understand any japanese anymore.

Anyway, that's it for now folks. Have a nice day!
blog comments powered by Disqus