Sunday, December 06, 2009

Indignation

So what I thought was going to be a relaxing trip was in fact, one of the craziest brutal experiences I've ever had. I went to help friends move places (as they had helped me previously). Now, the killers: they had STACKS of stuff; they were moving to a place that was at least 50 minutes drive from their current place; they live on the top floor of a 4 level apartment complex; there was no elevator; they did not hire removalists to do most of the removing; and the place they were moving into was in a fair state of disrepair.

Goddamn, that's not even the half of it. The first night was ok cause I had gotten there a few hours before bed time anyway. Then bam, early morning, up and moving and this pattern did not end until 2-3am. What's worse is that they had a lot of old heavy stuff that they did not need or use anymore, but they refused to throw them away for some unknown reason. Therefore, I was forced to lug this stuff, dust and all into a van and then endure round trip after round trip into a dusty place. Did I mention that I'm allergic to dust? Well everyone is to a degree, but when I'm surrounded by it, my eyes go bright red, my nose runs and I sneeze like a mofo. So I had to put up with that every minute, and on top of that, I got very little sleep due to continuous early starts, and the insane heat which was exacerated by the lack of a fan. Needless to say, I am sore as hell now, after 2.5 days of this insanity. The lack of net was good, but since I was only doing one other thing, the variety in my activities was missing. I did also go without my watch for the entire time, which was refreshing. So just a few hours ago, I had my first shave since Wednesday night, and my first shower since Thursday morning. I'd like to apologise to the poor bastard next to me on the bus home. Not my fault buddy, I was working the whole time!

Moving can sometimes be a fun situation (as evidenced by a previous post when the other bought my old furniture, and real tetris was then played). But this was hell on Earth.

I've come to a realisation, I want to try to live my life with as minimal possessions as possible. Well besides the usual 21st century staples, ala tv, computer, game machine etc, but I want to avoid as much clutter as possible. Like, I don't require a bedside table, I've never had the need for one, and I hope I never will. Why do people need 2 dining tables? Informal and formal dining? That's stupid, just one for me thanks. I think you get the gist.

So I'm back, and tomorrow is already a work day, so the whole weekend has passed without some me time or relaxation, so I just gotta make it through this week, which is a pay week, and has a work function on Friday, so at least it's technically not a full week!

The other is heading off soon, so I'm hoping to meet up with him before he's out, and I can work on some more ideas. I am trying to pick up a non fixed pickup like the other had for his acoustic, so I can start overdubbing some guitars on our tracks.

That's it for now folks. Have a nice day! Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus