Friday, December 25, 2009

Routine is to time as inflation is to currency

The other seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet - but I do believe that is what he was intending through this trip, but it's all good. Getting away from the cyber world should be applauded when it's accomplished.

I've been watching movies as per usual - the latest being the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Man I had no idea how annoying they were. I used to love those guys! But still watchable!

I bought some Nin 64 games - I'd never owned any games on it, and I did receive it as a birthday present, so I feel bad for never had games on it. But I got Goldeneye and Shadows of the Empire, so I am happy that work is over for this year and I can spend some time on games, movies and tv.

I have also procured myself ARMA 2, and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Both games: awesome. I'm getting my butt kicked and I'm very happy about that. Re-learning tactics for gunpowder based combat. Hopefully should help my Empire Total War campaign once I get the net on the other computer.

So towards the end of my last week in my current area, I was actually busy as hell. My prediction was wrong, and I was working hard. Despite this, I still found time to read up on a lot of Final Fantasy! Hahaha, it was nice, considering I had not played a game since FF7-FF8. I, in fact, got in no chess at all and that is never good.

However, most of my work was not cerebral, in fact, a lot of it was mundane. I was copying file upon file. I spent all 4 days just sitting next to the copy machine and hitting start!! I was thinking "I went to uni for 5 years for this??!" It was hilarious, I actually felt really stupid.

My new team briefed me on the goings on in my area of responsibility for next year, and I have to say it is quite intense! Ridiculously busy, and I am really looking forward to it! I hope I have not slacked off the past 6 months with my cushiness.

Do I just have one of those faces?? When I go places with people, I am usually just ignored, or treated with emotionless disregard. But when I'm with other people, they get engaged with on such a personal level, it feels like I'm being spat on! Maybe it's just when I'm with girls and the other people are usually guys?? Nope, it happens when I'm with guys too! I thought I was affable and friendly - I guess I just bring a whole load of negativity with me wherever I go, and others don't like it! So I guess it is just me!

Oh well, that's it for now folks. Happy non-denominational holiday period to you all!
blog comments powered by Disqus