Sunday, April 24, 2005

Born from an egg on a mountain top...

Haha if you know where I scammed the title for this entry, you are my hero!

First, I'd like to include the lyrics from a song that I heard recently which just absolutely blew me away. It's by a French singer Amel Bent and the song is called Ma Philosophie ('my philosophy'). Of course the lyrics are in French so I had to use babelfish to translate it and some of it came out extremely wrong and demented, but the meaning is still there and I absolutely adore this song. Copyright Bent 2005.

I have only one philosophy
To be accepted as I am
Despite everything that one says to me
I remain the raised fist
For best like the worst
I am mongrel but not martyrdom
I advance the light heart
But always the raised fist

To raise the head, to bend the chest
Unceasingly to redouble efforts
The life does not leave me the choice of them
I am the ace but not the king
In spite of our sorrows, our differences
And all these ceaseless insults
Me I will raise the fist
Still higher, even further

To aim at the Moon
That does not frighten me
Even with wear
I still believe in it and in heart
Sacrifices
If it is needed I will make some
I already made some
But always the raised fist

I am not like all these girls
That one disfigures, that one strips
Me I have forms and roundnesses
That is used to heat the hearts
Girl district to populair
Who A learned how to be proud
Much more love than of misery
Much more heart than of stone

I have only one philosophy
To be accepted as I am
With the force and the smile
The fist raised towards the future
To raise the head, to raise the chest
Unceasingly to redouble efforts
The life does not leave me the choice of them
I am the ace but not the king

Ahh absolutely brilliant. I want to cover it someday.

I saw a Bob Dylan clip last night on tv and he absolutely went off. He was simultaneously playing guitar and a harmonica and it was freaky. How much skill would it take to do that??! It was insane.

I need to kill the workers behind my house. Our neighbours are constructing something in their backyard and the bastards woke me up at 10am. Some things are common sense, don't swim with sharks, don't poke a bear, don't stick your head in an untamed lion's mouth, don't flirt with a criminal's pretty girlfriend and DON'T EVER, EVER wake an insomniac. I will find a way to make them pay the price!! It was so loud that it felt like the construction was taking place right in my room and I was unable to go back to sleep. I know what I'll do, I'll crucify him on the freakin' fence that he is building! But that'd be tough to do since there is only one of me. I know, I'll grab his hammer and bash his skull in till it co-exists with his brain!! I wonder if there is such a thing as a perfect murder, I'm going to have to think about that one.

The other and I have engaged in many a debate over child actors. I say that none of them can act. The other says Dakota Fanning is a prodigy, to which I vehemently protest. HE SAID SHE WAS BETTER THAN DE NIRO!! The other is crazy. I don't think she can act at all. Everyone remembers Jake Lloyd's terrible performance in Episode 1. Haley Joel Osmet was regarded as the best, but now he's much too old, and I found that his earlier performances were all just the same load of expressions over and over again. The son in Ring 2 was good, but that was because he only had to be dry and emotionless, which isn't that hard to do. The problem with child actors is that they have the wrong emotional inflections and reactions to dialogue and it just comes off as so artificial and it can really ruin a film. However, this all changed in Thursday's episode of Medium. Allison Dubois (Patty Arquette's character) has a daughter (Ariel, played by Sofia something something) that really doesn't do much, but the episode in question revolved entirely around her and she was just bloody phenomenal. Perfect diction, emotional response and screen presence. I was shocked, she absolutely destroyed every single adult actor on that show. What's even scarier is that she's only 11 years old! She can only get better.

Ahh so they elected a new Pope (for those not in the know, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger from Germany who is now known as Benedict XVI aka 16th). He's a conservative, which isn't a bad thing, but he's very hardline. He was against most of the stuff that John Paul II was for, such as open dialogue with other religions and what not. This is incredibly dangerous especially in these times. I don't want to see the catholic church lose numbers, but if it results in that instead of pseudo religo-centric thought, it may be the best option for people to turn their back on the church. By their nature and doctrine, Christians are meant to be humble and tolerant, for a conservative not to realise this is quite scary. The cardinals chose a good Pope for them, but they didn't choose a good Pope for the people. Let's just see what happens from here.

So my break is over and it's back to uni on Tuesday. What am I going to do for 5 weeks? That's how long it is till the rest of my assessment is due. Then again I guess I should probably actually DO the work! There's only a bit of minor work between now and then so I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. Note to self, send that letter!!!

Have a nice day folks.
blog comments powered by Disqus