Monday, December 17, 2012

That's My Name, That's Not My Name


Said candidly to no one in particular.  Yeah, nah.

It's like I'm gambling everyday that I'm alive.  Then what will the net result be?  Will there even be a result, or is it all just pointless?

I do remember those times.  Listening to Coldplay happily, before I was lost to the cold remains of the day.
Hmm I should really catch up on on the blog intro/retrospective.  I would ideally like to have it completed by the end of the year.  Maybe I'll get a chance since I'm away for the next couple of weekends.  Away from games and other distractions. 

Came into work today and I just had no idea what I needed to get done.  Luckily I keep a task list for these sorts of things!  Stuff to get through, and I'll get them done.

Let's talk about economics here.  Having a freakonomic moment right now.  Women as a commodity - in feudal times, hell even into last century, and even currently, in third world countries, women are treated as a commodity, that can be traded, contracted for and exchanged, just like any other good.  However, in those sorts of societies where this sort of transaction is/was common place, women still held a low status in society.  This doesn't make sense in the grander scheme of things, but I'll get to that point later.  So let's take the examples of China and India, where as babies, girls are killed on a mass scale, due to the perception that a son is seen as much more prestigious, and when you factor in things such as dowries and what not, it's more economically feasible, especially in poorer areas to have a son (though, this is strange, as I'd heard it before, the dowry usually flows from the groom to the bride's family, but apparently this is actually quite rare).  But what is occurring in China (and what I predict will occur in India), is that males will start to greatly outnumber females.  As such, females will become highly prized, and their status and prestige in those sorts of societies will expand greatly.  That's free market economics right there, where the scarcity of a commodity will result in its value becoming greatly increased.  The sons no longer hold the balance of power, it is the daughters. 

It's just like the situation in America and minorities becoming the majority within 40 years time.  The oppressors will become the oppressed.  It is as nature intended it, and as humanity desires.  Standards will change.

Mmmm I just want to be at home and eating chips on my couch. 

Why am I feeling all nostalgic?  I need sleep.  More than anything, I need sleep.  What are you all complaining about?  I'm not really with the program at the moment.  Not really sure what else there is for me to say at the moment.

Getting older.  Sheesh.  Happens to everyone, right?  And what do I wish for?  Mediocrity?  No thanks.  Not wanted.

Just because I can.  Even though this was all done from one listen, and I'm sure it's full of mondegreens.  But hey, enjoy it.

Camden - Too Pretty For Punk (lyrics)


Deep in the bowels of Sydney
Her morning sun makes me tired
Her slurry tales tells me I'm the same
You tragic people are the ones to blame
You call me a liar with the twist of a pen
You call me a thief who has no friends
Her slurry tales tell me I'm the same
You tragic people are the ones to blame

Now my life has come undone
I thought I was the last bastion
As you whispered in my ear
Just too pretty for punk

Dipped in the fat of Sydney
The Crown Street thorns pierce my brow
In slight of tears, under the bridge
Your dropped your only copy of Coleridge
So fill your boots and come on in
In this big town, you're much too thin

Now my life has come undone
I thought I was the last bastion
As you whispered in my ear
Just too pretty for punk

As you whispered in my ear, just too pretty for punk

And she said everything you write you think is great
I answer everything I write I think is great
And she said everything you write you think is great
I answer everything I write I think is great

Now my life has come undone
I thought I was the last bastion
As you whispered in my ear
Just too pretty for punk

Now my life has come undone
I thought I was the last bastion
As you whispered in my ear
Just too pretty for punk

As you whispered in my ear, just too pretty for punk



And cause I can, these two game track muzaks must be heard now!


This guy is PHENOMENAL.  Not just the skill in what he's playing, but his compositional skills.  He has got all the movements down pat, and all the little rhythms in the backing music compared to the main themes.  Pure genius.  My fave is the elevator music from SOR 1 - NAILS it, and with so much swing too.  5:06 onwards.


And this is V-Rally African Vibes.  LISTEN TO IT.  LOVE IT.

That's it for now.  Joaquin out.

Weird news.  Yeah, very weird.  It makes things just that much harder to deal with.  But we'll see, right?  Yeah, we will.
blog comments powered by Disqus