Monday, December 03, 2012

Deshi Basara


Indeed.  I'm tired today, and it's only Monday.  How the hell am I going to get through the remainder of the week?

Then again, I'll look down and it'll appear that the weekend will come quicker than I wanted it to, and then who knows?  I'll keep my eyes and ears out.  Let's just hope that I don't forget.

Didn't really get into guitaring over the weekend, but that's ok, I'll return with aplomb tonight for the remainder of the week.  I should also really stop drinking so much coke over the weekends.  It does not contribute to being able to sleep properly.  I used to do one bottle on Friday, but then it became one bottle on Friday and one on Saturday.  Now it's 2 bottles on Fri and 2 bottles on Sunday.  I really should at least pair it back to one per Friday and one per Saturday.  That's a bit more manageable, don't want a full blown caffeine addiction, noting my previous comments on the subject.

Got some good game time with a friend over the weekend.  Got into some Modern Warfare 3, Halo 4, and Black Ops 2.  All good times.  Though I have to say that I don't enjoy the party weapons mode in Black Ops 2, since it's an inferior version of arms race from Counter-Strike Global Offensive.  Got some of that in, too, it's so enjoyable!

In other news, I read that Microsoft is discontinuing support for MSN (or Live) Messenger.  That's a shame!  I've been using it since 98 or so.  My first forays into similar things were in chat rooms when I was in high school, and then transitioning to ICQ (haha I still remember my ICQ number), before coming around to MSN.  Conducted many a friendship on there and so on, it's been grand, but of course, as social media in the form of facebook and twitter have taken over, MSN has died out.  Things are now transitioning to skype, which is fine, since you can do a regular chat, as well as having the options of a video or voice chat.  What I don't like is that the functionality is not the same as MSN, sometimes you won't even know if someone is messaging you.  I'm looking forward to making the transition, provided that merging my hotmail contacts with my skype login isn't going to be a pain.  Well, that's life.  Sometimes it moves on, and all you can do is just go through with it, whether you accept it or not.

Watched The Dark Knight Rises and absolutely loved it.  Easily the best of the series, and I think Bane was a much scarier villain than the Joker. 

Well there's a fair bit of work to catch up on today, so it may be a short one.

I need more sleep!  Sorry, I should stop harping on about that.  If I don't get enough sleep, the problem is mine and I have contributed to it.

What's on the horizon?  I don't even know.  Actually, when I look at things that are quite far on the horizon, my eyes start to hurt and I get a headache.  I wonder if I'm starting to become short sighted as I get older?  Need more time away from the computer, that's for damn sure.

Ah, I'm just copping it from every direction at the moment.  It's not a good feeling.

Is this really happening?  Is this real life?  Why did you do it?

Time is forever fleeting now.  A day or two off soon would do me a world of good.  But that probably won't even help me, not when you consider time.  It's a strange thing, isn't it?  What's the nature of it?  Oh, time compression and FF8 goodness, won't you come back to me?

Maybe there's a time and place for everything, and things tend to get distorted by rose coloured lenses.  The things I used to enjoy don't really interest me anymore.  Perhaps that's also down to changing as a person, and you tend to lose focus or transfer it to other things.  I wonder if other people find that too, as they get older?

What are these days bringing?  I'm becoming obsolete.  Not just to the world, but in people's hearts and minds.

Is no news at all better than bad news?  I'm not so sure.

You think you're so clever.  I do, thank you.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus