Wednesday, December 05, 2012

I Had A Jacket, I Should Have Worn A Jacket


Alas, I did not.  Let's hope I don't get sick now. 

I know I've commented on this previously, but the weather is messed up.  It's December, it's supposed to be summer, yet it's cold and windy.  Don't tell me that it's not related to global warming or other weather man made weather phenomena!  If you do, you're an idiot.

Finally got a move on with the blog intro/retrospective.  Up to May 2010, and aiming to get up to 2011 by this weekend.  Haha, with only 19 or so posts in 2011, I'm sure that'll be an easier year to get through.  2012 on the other hand...

God, I'm still having trouble sleeping, and I'm sorely lacking motivation to get out of bed in the mornings.  I just want to stay there, fade away into nothing.  Disappear into the sheets.

Things being thrown off course.  Perhaps confrontation is the only way to go.  I'm not in charge of my own life anymore.  And tick tock, the second hands go through and I'm going to be nothing but ashes, blown into the wind.

Fuck, it's only Wednesday!  Got more stories to read, meanings to decipher and misinterpret and get worked up over.

Work continues steadily, it's kind of nice to be busy in December, when usually it's a minefield of nothing. 
So yes, looking to travel, but I have no idea what's going to be good in January-February.  It's a bit tougher, considering last time I went overseas, it was more February/March, as opposed to the earlier part of the year.  That just throws things out in terms of the Northern Hemisphere due to the cold, and even parts of the Southern Hemisphere, as it is potentially monsoon season in the tropical areas.  But it is nice just to think about.

Holy crap!  I've just realised that I can buy a Dodge Viper!  Straight up cash!  No worries, but of course, I'm unable to do that anymore.  I can't throw such caution to the wind. 

My own private hell here.  With no idea about what's next.

Ergh, I just read that 7 out of 10 marriages are scarred by infidelity.  Oh my god, that can't be right.  70%?!  That's a HUGE number.  My thought is this - if there is ANY doubt in your mind, any at all, don't get married.  It's that simple. 

Heart of glass, heart of stone.

Why do people invite me to things?  It's not like I'm going to show up anyway.  They should have learned their lesson by now, but I guess not.  Regardless of how isolated I feel.

Argh, it's too close!  It should be me!  That city is tainted with memories, fuck, even this city is tainted with memories.  The country is, the whole goddamned country is.  I don't want to be here.  I don't want to go there.

Hmm I was reading some of the other's more recent posts last night, and he made some great points, but I can't remember them now for the life of me.  I'll try to make notes if I come across them again, because they are definitely worth revisiting.

What I'm pissed about now is that Sega has released a whole load of old school games on Steam, such as Streets of Rage (one of my fave game series, and probably has the best music of all time), for like $3.50.  I paid MORE for it on iOS, and iOS is a shit way to play these games.  It just doesn't translate well in terms of a touch screen.  You would probably need a 6 button gamepad to enjoy it the way it's meant to be played.  So it looks like I'm going to have to blow some cash on these purchases, ditto for Minecraft.  God, I'll probably never play these games, will I?

What I think we're going to see now is a phenomenon called meme wars.  I define this as being a generational language and culture war fought out over memes.  This is probably hilarious for anyone over 35, who are probably wondering what the hell I'm talking about.  But the same way that parents rail against their kids and what they wear and what they say, we are finding that it's starting to happen to Gen Y and Gen Z.  Let's take YOLO for example.  Basically YOLO stands for "you only live once" and is an excuse for someone to do stupid things.  So people my age tend to think YOLO and people who say YOLO are complete fucking morons.  This has been presented on the internet through various memes.  But younger people, who also use the internet (god, do most of them even know about the world pre-internet), use pro yolo memes to demonstrate their point.  Therefore, we have meme wars, pretty interesting, don't you think?

Been reading about a lot of kids (well almost adults, legally) dying at schoolies.  For our international friends, schoolies is a term used to denote students who have finished their formal years of schooling (year 12, or being 18 years of age when done), and they go off to have holidays in coastal towns, or even overseas.  Of course a lot of alcohol and drugs, and inebriated sex is had during this time.  This leads to various instances of risk taking behaviour, accidents, rapes, deaths etc.  My opinion is harsh and it is this - you reap what you sow.  Kids and their parents know what the expect at schoolies.  It's a dangerous environment, but it can be fun if managed correctly.  The problem is, once one person in a group starts acting stupid, it is easy for the entire group to be consumed by such stupidity.  This is what modern society loves - a good time and getting trashed.  Fuck evolution and what not, this is survival of the fittest for the modern age.  If you can't make it through a night of drink, partying, drugs, then you're dead.  It's that black and white, I'm afraid.

Hmmm, I probably shouldn't have done that.  I cost you nothing.  It was the loss of nothing, don't blame me for anything further.

Tonight should be interesting, I don't really feel like eating anything.  Wow, I just read about someone who I met years ago who came across as incredibly creepy!  Apparently he's been charged with some very serious crimes, I wish I could say I was shocked.

And with that piece of shining brilliance, I'm outta here.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus