Monday, September 03, 2012

Why Not Curve The Burl?

Because it probably wouldn't be as good as curling it? Well that's just what I assume anyway. Busy morning has given way to a lazy afternoon. I'm feeling alright. I've gotten up to some very nice guitar playing, and have even discovered that a lot of my half finished ideas can be completed when combined with other half finished
ideas. Nice! The problem now is just remembering all of my own songs. When they don't have proper titles or lyrics to go along with it, then I don't really recall what I can play unless I have the song tab open in front of me, but it's not a case of having it there so I remember all the bits - I can just look at the first few chords and remember how the song goes.

Been listening to the new Matchbox 20 song. Need to get the new album. I didn't like the song, it's very different to their old stuff. It's quite hipster like in execution, barring Rob Thomas' delivery, which is great as always. But I think they've lost their drive. The great "balls out" music they used to have, like Oasis. Speaking of, I need to get the Beady Eye and Noel Gallagher High Flying Birds. That and some new Mandy Moore. Yeah yeah, I know what you're thinking but she has gone all adult contemporary now. I wonder what else is worth getting these days?

It must have been a mistake, right? Well perhaps, but there's no way of knowing for certain. It must have been one hell of a weekend. I don't know why I get upset about things I couldn't have possibly have had knowledge about until well after the fact. But isn't that everyone? I wonder what this evening brings, and this weekend. Have to head away from home, AGAIN. That sucks, cause this past weekend was so damn relaxing. Even if most of it was spent on sleep, I enjoyed it. Excessive history, that's what it's all about, isn't it? That's what's causing this. People are just too goddamn unreliable when you need to count on them.  Now I'm just even more confused.  Yesterday was a red herring.  It wasn't a mistake, it couldn't have been.  Rely on primaries, not anything else.  That means that yesterday there was half a shot.  That doesn't matter, anyway.

I've been thinking in relation to all this friend stuff, and I think the difficulty now is that when you're prospectively looking to make new friends you subconsciously ask yourself "is this person going to be there in 30-40 years time" and the answer is almost invariably no. People don't really give each other the chance.

Hmmm, feeling very tired now. I just want to go home and eat, watch some Community and sleep.

That's it for now folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus