Friday, September 07, 2012

Vaguely Interesting Title

Introductory statement, usually tied to title.

Morose and self serving statement.

Something sad, mildly pathetic.

Non-sequitir and cryptic sentence.

Closing statement.

Trademarked ending.

That's enough of that. I have nothing to do at work today. I came in and straight away wondered why the hell I was doing this. I don't understand why I come in when I have no work to do. It's a bit of a joke really. Paid way too much to do way too little. It's a perfect match.

But hey, I get to blog on a day when I thought I wouldn't be able to, so that's always a good thing.

Reading the what if on XKCD again, and the point made about the insane complexity of ecosystems and climate systems is an incredibly apt one. We are where we are due to the evolution and structural makeup of the planet over millions upon millions of years. That's got me questioning, when is a period of time no longer a blink of an eye? I guess it's all relative to how long you're around. But yes, the delicate ecology of the planet is based on countless complex systems interacting together. Deserts in one place can be created from
temperature differentials caused by heavy rain in another part of the world. Perhaps the planet only came into being due to chaos theory? Wow, what if existence is founded on anarchy? That's a thought. Any change to the balance and it would all be completely different. So the fact that we're here and things are the way they are is truly amazing when you think about it.

I hardly watch movies at the cinema anymore. This means that I haven't really seen any new movies. That's ok, I'm happy to watch them a few years after all the hype has died down and I'm free to make up my own mind as to its merits.

Damn I really need to stop listening to techno and dance music while doing work, it's totally altering my perception of reality here!

Feeling a little worse for wear today, I shouldn't have stayed up past midnight playing Metal Storm. DAMN YOU!! It's taking over my life!

That's it for today, folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus