Saturday, March 20, 2010

I am a learner...

One things that annoys me is people lack of respect for my time. True, what I do in my time might not be important to them, but they need to understand that it is quite important to me. I'm also annoyed by people's superiority complexes. What gives them the right to think that their hobby/work is so much more relevant.

It's not like I woke up one morning and knew how to do all the things that I know how to do today. I have spent countless hours learning and improving what I know how to do. Yes, I get off at learning how to do something new. If we are not working towards making ourselves better, then we are wasting our time.

I now understand something my cousin used to say, which at the time sounded quite ridiculous. He used to say that sleeping seemed so wasteful, and so he would only sleep 2 hours a day. Well the practice was wrong, as it got him quite sick with years of abusing his body. I think this comes with age, you realize that there just isn't enough time to do all the things that you'd love to be doing. I'm feeling more and more like that everyday. Maybe its because I'm in the wrong job (it doesn't help working in a dying industry, where everyone think that their work is so damn important), not doing all the things that really get me interested. Or maybe I wished I had studied to become a full graphic designer or a web programmer. We make choices and we live with them. Doesn't mean I can't do it, I just have to invest more time into it.

What gets me more annoyed is that any chance people get to use my skills, they don't think twice and come straight to me. But then they disregard my time spent learning new things as 'nothing important'.

I've come to realize one thing. I need to blog more because I often have thoughts that I'm not expressing anymore. I don't socialize with people who share the same thoughts or interests often, so they don't get voiced. My head needs an outlet and this is the place.

I have been coding a lot lately, and learning some fantastic things. Who knows, we might see some radical changes to this blog one of these days...
blog comments powered by Disqus