Saturday, June 07, 2008

If Your Body Matches What Your Eyes Can Do...Then I'd Say Jenny Don't Be Hasty!

The other told me a while ago to listen to Jenny Don't Be Hasty by Paolo Nutini. I didn't like his first song that much so I was reluctant. But what the hey, I got it, and it was really good!! Kudos to the other for introducing me to that song. There's nothing I don't like about the song, the chords, the rhythm, the song subject (not one of the kiddies).

I've also gotten into Finger Eleven - Paralyzer. I first heard this song a LONG time ago, when it first came out in the US. I didn't like it at first, as I thought it was a Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out rip off done about harsher. But after a few more listens since it has hit our shore and I enjoy it immensely. I'd advise the other to listen to it.

However, my favourite song at the moment has definitely got to be Sara Bareilles - Love Song. Cynical lyrics and a swingy piano feel (with alternating bass and melody)! It's just the best. I was worried about the status of the piano, there hasn't been a super completely piano driven track that has appealed to me since Bruce Hornsby's The Way It Is. I'd also advise the other to listen to it, as I'm sure he'll love the lyrics too.

My callouses have all disappeared (I was wondering why I was typing so fast at work), so as now I'm back for a few days at home, I've discovered it's still painful to play guitar. However, I am still capable of playing decently, albeit with many mistakes. I think I might have to buy another cheap strat copy when I go back, as I still can't take my guitars with me. I even came up with a sweet new riff! Some of the knowledge is still there I tell you!

I've also gotten a psychotically powered computer in my apartment, with ADSL2+ internet, as well as a landline for my phone. So I'm currently sitting pretty at the moment. This also means I'll be able to blog more often, which is super as I've missed writing, as I know I've had stuff to say, but since it wasn't written, it has promptly been forgotten.

I'm glad the other has continued with the blogging and site maintenance, it looks as good as ever. I'm a little disappointed that he's decided to kick the MSN habit, but it is understandable. For me, I've gotten a LOT more done without a computer and internet. I didn't even mind the inconvenience of being uncontactable or having information at hand. You better ring me and or visit me other!

There will be a lot more to say soon enough, blognotes will most likely return! Have a nice day folks.
blog comments powered by Disqus