Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Hair...

It's been quite a while since I've gotten a hair cut. It been almost 2 semesters now that I've been growing it. Everything has a reason, and I think I've explained this one with many different reasons from time to time. The last year and a half before this, I'd been walking around without any hair, to make things easier on myself. I don't think I really know why I kept that up for so long, but I think it felt good not to have to gel my hair up everyday in the morning. Possibly it was influenced by other peoples opinions, I've been quite a push over in the past. Whatever those reasons were, they are long gone.

First time I thought about growing my hair, it was because I wanted a change. Change from the norm that surrounded my life at that time. I had figured that I was going to go back to Bangladesh at the end of last year, and get a job. So the final semester of my University life was going to be the last chance for me to grow my hair, one last chance for a shade of rebellion before I plunge into conformity. Its quite funny, the last 2 years of my life I spent trying to conform to everything that I oh so dearly hate. I sold out for a while, lets hope that that was it for my selling out.

Life turned sour, and out went the conformity. I looked to my past and brought out everything that was me before these years. I reverted back to myself. My hair grew, with all the emotions that were seething in me. Longer and longer overtime. To me sometimes it feels like these locks are a sign of how long I've been walking down this way. Within them locked all the emotions that I've felt over this past year. Slowly letting it all grow out of me, an extension.

Over the vacation, Jester and I used to joke that I've been growing my hair just so I can hide my eyes behind them. Its actually funny, I think that it is a good place to hide. Hide from everyone who once knew me, and it worked, people don't always recognize me on first look.

Now its just become who I am, and thats why its still there... I don't think it needs a reason, its simply there...
blog comments powered by Disqus