Sunday, June 08, 2008

Not quite the middle of that month of June...

So here I am again, about to set off between crossroads. Destination nowhere, original non-existant. The story of my life.

"My insides and outsides are falling apart" - indeed they are. I've eaten a hell of a lot since I've been back, and also had too many late nights, might try to reign that in tonight. I guess I'll have tape F1, wake up early and watch it and hopefully the news won't ruin it for me.

Oh Justin King, please reform The Apologies and make another album. I know the big label blues hit you, but you deserve fame, fortune and good times!

The real world is terrible because it instills things in you that you thought you'd never have to deal with. One such fine example is Finances. I've had to deal with my own finances, and structure it in a way that is unfortunately complicated for its own sake, but that's because it has to be. Three separate bank accounts which are all linked, god bless Interest and no bank fees. I've also understood more concepts from double entry accounting now. I've also set up an interesting financial plan, which I'm hoping works out, or else I might be a tad rooted.

I should really start to pack soon. I don't like packing on the day I'm leaving, no matter how long/short I am gone for. Because inevitably, I will forget something. Being overly organised is a trait I have gained from independence, which has also made me impatient, and less tolerant of others. I wonder if that happens to everyone on their own.

Work is at one of the biggest financial institutions in the world. As such, the end of the Financial Year makes things very hectic. I'm hoping it slows down at the end of the month, because it's quite stressful.

I actually did a proper warm up with guitar today, and it's starting to feel a bit more natural. I'm thinking it will only take a week of 30min-1hour daily sessions to get back into the swing of things. However, I'm a tad worried that I've just plain forgotten a few scales and modes! That's ok since I didn't rely on the ones I forgot a hell of a lot, but they'd be nice to have back!

Labels. How interesting. I think that's something that we as humans can define ourselves by (woo see, that was a label). We need to label everything. When you can't define something, it disturbs us and we have to disparage it until we can mark it in the "disparaged" label.

Justin King - Change

I can't tell which way to turn
and the voices in my head
is the choir insane?
And nothing's being said

This train is raging
The seams seem to want to tear
and it's quiet outside
and it's quiet in here

Hey, it's ok
it's just change
and it goes, like it goes.

I'll just stop it there, cause I've quoted from the second verse in previous posts. But as I've mentioned before, I've got the stuff set up at home now, so I'm going to be posting more. I think that's it for now, time to fit whatever I can get away with into my bag. I've gotten most of the stuff I needed to raid anyway. Until next time, have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus