Friday, July 11, 2014

Watching For Plot Holes

But there's not even one single thread of narrative to keep this story on course.  Does it begin the next day?  I'm not Eastbound and down, at least not yet anyway.  Will attempt to get some serious blogging out of the way today.  Yesterday I was just in a weird mood.  Though it should be exacerbated somewhat more now, I'm feeling strangely fine.  Is my life being watched for plot holes?  Go ahead.  Watch me, I pity the person who has to sift through this jumbled mess. 

It's been one hell of a morning!  My own laziness has caught up to me and bit me right on the ass.  I have so many blognotes to write about, but I also have a fair bit of work to do, and on top of that, I'm leaving early.  So let's just get down to it!

I read a great article this morning about how racism and government stupidity are the real threats to national security.  I 100% agree with that, and I believe it was on the Huffington Post (though I could be mistaken).  What really struck me is that people are more concerned about what could eventually happen to the rest of them - i.e. that the government will start being as unfair to the entire population as compared to the normal profiling and spying on ordinary citizens at the moment.  So at the moment, most of them are apathetic and don't even care about the racism and fear that's being generated at the moment.  They support it to a degree, and they want to continue surveillance on their own citizens as long as they're Muslim.  That's utterly ridiculous, because I read that the goal of the NSA is to have data on all people, and through that, be able to control the population.  It's not that far-fetched, which is scary, because it sounds like the punchline to a bad conspiracy theory joke.  These agencies are taking more taxpayer dollars every single year to spy on its own citizens, concoct lies, engage in illegal and unconstitutional conduct, cover it up, and brand those who point out their behaviour as traitors, and expect to get away with it.  And you know what?  The Government is gutless to stop them.  They are just snowballing things to justify their own existence.  To me, that's a threat to national security.  They are giving justification to silly terrorists who believe they are being unfairly targeted.  This helps them swell their recruitment and the cycle continues.  Well if you don't care about what happens to your neighbours, just wait, they will be coming to extradite you next, as soon as you disagree.

But that story also went to show me the ignorance of the people, Americans are so blind to their own system of fascism, that the hypocrisy literally astounds me.  I'm basically lost for words.  They care about freedom and liberty, and the first thing they want to justify now is breaking the laws, acting unjustly, taking away people's freedom and liberty, because let's face it, deep down, they truly believe that rich white Americans are the only ones who can be Americans, or normal, and everyone else is on the outer and doesn't belong there.  The comments in support of citizen surveillance without warrants was mind-blogging.  This is why news stories shouldn't allow comments.  Why does news have to be interactive?  So every Tom, Dick and Harry can give their 2 cents?  If they want to comment, start a blog, have a political rally, start a bloody discussion.  They don't make the news, so they shouldn't have to open their uneducated, uninformed mouths. 

Well it all just goes to show that the NSA and other spying agencies are bad people.  It's not just this military industrial complex, but other areas of Government.  I'm talking about the regulators.  If they are told to carry out policy that is discriminatory, unlawful and unjust, they should refuse to carry it out.  Where's the guts of people?  They need to get back at politicians and bad policy makers, and make them understand that there's a limit to this sort of bad behaviour.  But just like Nazi Germany, people are complicit through apathy, and not asking questions, not getting angry about what happens to their fellow citizens.

I also read today (damn I've been doing a lot of reading) that Australian teenage girls are among the most financially literate in the world.  I don't find that hard to believe.  Their parents are usually more wealthy, and have bucketloads of disposable income to pass along to their children.  So if you're cashed up, of course you're going to be literate in this sort of stuff.  I remember when I was that age, I didn't have a job.  My folks would say they would pay for things if I needed them, but I never asked for anything, cause I didn't need it.  Of course I learned all my financial literacy after I got a job.

Is it true that guys get better looking as they get older?  I wouldn't know?  But it's definitely not true for women!

What's the deal with that news story about that American cheerleader who went missing, after leaving a note saying she was either missing or dead, and something bad must have happened to her?  Well they apparently found her in a Mall the other day, nothing wrong with her or anything.  But they were so scared that it was related to sexual trafficking and what not, and there was a manhunt and all the things associated with a pretty white girl going missing.  We don't know what went on, but considering the facts surrounding her 'rescue' it's most likely a cry for help, and it takes attention away from real sexual trafficking and kidnapping issues in the world, because it usually happens to ethnic women.  But once it's a white girl in trouble?  Oh stop the presses, we must do what we can to find her!

Are you familiar with the chess player Judit Polgar?  She's a Grandmaster who was trained since she was young to be a chess champion.  Her father was of the opinion that geniuses are made, not born.  Well she's been the strongest player in women's chess for a long time, and she's defeated all the major male champions at one time or another.  This gives some credence to her father's theory, but I've always wondered this.  Is intelligence a genetic trait?  Some dumb parents have smart kids, but also vice versa.  It's way too hard to tell.  I just don't know, but I think there should be more research into these areas. 

Who are these idiots from fields such as the military and the police force who believe in the hierarchy?  Just because someone outranks you doesn't mean they know what they're talking about, and that sure as hell doesn't mean you should listen to them.  Idiots, all of them.

Ahhh good effort I say!  Though there's a lot to get tonight and over the weekend.  We'll leave it here.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus