Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Darubel Winds Up In Hell

Spoiler alert.  I don't know who or what Darubel is, but it does sound pretty cool.  I guess we're slightly with the program today.  I slept, not as much as I wanted to, but it's still better than the previous night.  At least I'm functional enough to get some work done today.  The routine commences again and this is what I was warned about.  I suppose I should get back on that point.  It's been too long without guitar.  Maybe I've forgotten how to play.  I'll get back into it tonight and see. 

There's a big thing in America about Cops and how there's a real public hatred of them, which is somewhat caught up in right wing propaganda about being anti police and anti military.  This has been attributed to the increased amount of cop shootings (by civilians) over the past year.  I think it's due to the tyrannical nature of police in most Western countries.  They act like they are the law.  No, they are there to enforce it.  Just because you are given a badge and a gun does not mean you are above society.  Everyone is accountable to the rules.  Fear leads the way, of course, and these macho idiots (anyone can become a cop), presume everyone to be a potential criminal.  That's not right, that's not how you're meant to help society.  Police brutality, unjustified shootings and surveillance has gotten out of hand everywhere.  They're like a Gestapo unto themselves, to the point where a lot of the time, even the politicians don't even know what the police are doing.  Then who are they accountable to?  Of course society is going to decide that enough is enough and they will lash out.  The net result will be police dying, and nobody will care.  Hopefully they will recruit less people, and common sense can start to reign supreme in law and order.

Everything always comes as a bit of a surprise.  There's too many attachments.  Too many things keeping me grounded.  Not grounded, crushed under the weight of no expectations.  I suppose I should do a bit of work this morning.

With that out of the way, I recall telling you all that we tend to pick our friends based on personal attractiveness.  Essentially, we are friends with people who are about as attractive as we are.  Don't get me started on the 'ugly best friend' syndrome, because that's a statistical outlier.  But now I've read that our friends are actually genetically similar to ourselves!  How is that possible?  Well race is not really that much of a function of genetics (well it is to a degree), but not as much as we all think.  You could be more genetically similar to someone of a different race, than to someone who looks very similar to you.  So there's an element of gene protection and propagation going on there.  How interesting!  Science, you're a very strange beast.  We don't do enough work on genetic traits do we?  I guess it's all considered taboo in light of World War 2 and eugenics and all that jazz.  I guess we always take things too far. 

I better write this down now before I lose it to the ether of time, but one of my favourite memories was when I was a child, out at some mall with my parents well into the evening (as usual), when I saw the latest Where's Wally Book.  I think it may have been the third in the proper series, and I wanted it so bad!  So I got it and I spent the next month just finding everything in that book.  It was one of the ones with Wally, his girlfriend, the wizard, the dog, Odlaw, and the scrolls and the books!  Man there was so much.  I loved that book a lot!  Good times.

I go back to something the other said in one of his first blog posts (most likely referencing song lyrics) - the land of the free?  Whoever told you that is your enemy.  So true.

Let's call it a day.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus