Thursday, July 10, 2014

Rejoining The Action

Back into the fold.  I'm sort of with the program today, but don't have a whole lot I need to get done.  Getting back into reading and guitaring.  My creative output continues unabated.  It's almost scary.  I've never had this level of productivity in anything before.  I guess you really can re-train your brain to do whatever you need.  That's promising stuff.  But it really is dependent on you realising this and actively taking steps to ensure there's enough elasticity in your brain to shape the neural pathways properly.  Learn some new tasks!  Keep learning, and don't let things settle and become stagnant, it's not good for the brain.

Because it's not me, that's why.  That's reason enough, and there does not need to be any other justification.  It was longer than I thought.  I'll listen to those words, and I know what's required.  Oh wow, has it been this long already?  The iron is hot.  Or at least it was, a long time ago.  I feel like watching some movies.  Just lounging about and doing nothing.  This is a nicely wasted life.  I haven't played a computer game in ages!  I don't even remember the last time I was on Steam.  Just a few minutes of casual gaming on my phone is all I get these days.  But hey, that's ok.  Everything just seems to be in disarray, there's some level of 'non focus' that pervades everything.  I'm not sure what it is. 

What is there to talk about today?  My other thoughts are stunted.  What is there to be angry about?  What is there to tell you?  Too much, all at once, obviously!  What the hell am I going to do with the rest of the day? 

These days, there's a whole teenage rights movement - in that we need to listen to and respect what a lot of teenagers have to say.  I think on the whole, that's a dumb idea.  Children and teenagers are idiots, most of the time.  Teenagers are so pent up full of rage and confusion, they believe in their misguided arrogance that they know everything! What use is that to anyone?  Yes, they're people, and shouldn't be discounted, so listen to them.  But apply some logic and empathy simultaneously.  I'm almost 30 and I'm wise enough to know that I don't know a damn thing.

I learned how to play poker and chess not that long ago.  It's interesting, considering most people learn how to play these games as children.  There's a whole exciting world of strategy and tactics there.  Odd calculation and pot odds and stuff like that is a bit outside my mental faculties for now.  I like to just play the cards I have.  But even then, I haven't played either game in a very long time.  I'm sure I've lost all the skill I once had.

Is man's ultimate objective immortality?  Can we really cheat death?  If that's the case, is that how we destroy religion?  If the fear of death and the unknown is gone, what use is there for God?  Can we improve ourselves to the point where we become transhuman?  There was a tv show ages ago called Spellbinder 2, where Kathy goes to a place where the residents obtained immortality, at the cost of the ability to reproduce.  It raised a lot of interesting questions about boredom, life, existence, and mastery over all the skills in humanity. 

I'd like to be able to just focus and write.  But the damage is done.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus