Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Reppin' The Hoofnagels

Don't even get me started on that, because I don't know what I mean.  Wednesday is quickly becoming the worst day of the week.  I'm more fatigued than Tuesday, and on top of that, despite it feeling like it's Thursday, it's only Wednesday, and there's still literally 3 days to get to until I can relax.  Got into a bit of guitar last night and I played terribly, but that was to be expected.  I'll keep at it.  Boy, I really need some sleep.  Getting this old has really struck me from out of nowhere.  I can't stay up as long as I used to, lack of sleep really impacts my entire week, rather than just the morning, it takes much longer to recover from exercise than it used to.  And that's it, I've physically peaked.  It's all over from here.  Confidence and paranoia, you might say.

It's been a busy morning, but I'll try to let it slide this afternoon so I can blog a bit more, and then from tomorrow I'll probably be busy again.  Nothing like a pay week to lift the spirits.  That's all I'm living for, to get paid. 

There's been a big uproar about Google Glass and the supposed impacts on privacy.  This has lead to a lot of people in the San Francisco area being assaulted if they're out and about wearing them.  I think this is just people being silly and afraid of new technology (as per usual).  Your privacy is already being invaded by the Government - think NSA spying, wire tapping, info dumping and what not, and then CCTV and surveillance cameras everywhere.  It's not the same world it was 20 years ago, let me tell you!  But at least with Google Glass, you can learn things and it can enhance new experiences.  If you're so retentive about the privacy issues, why aren't you beating up cyclists and sports people who wear Go Pro cameras?  They're in public areas and they are filming you go about your activities!  At least with Google Glass you have an internet connection and you're getting real world data, but the Go Pro exists solely to record things!  Double standard, perhaps?

Look at yourself.  How you are you.  There's the external, the defineable, and then there's what's inside, which is always shaped by environmental factors and nurturing.  Yes, there are elements of your physiology that shape your personality, but to what extent?  We don't know.  Or at least, we can't say for sure.  Take a drop of your blood, for example.  It contains the entire portion of your DNA, replicated many times over.  It pretty much determines what you will look like, what your health will be like, what your predisposition to diseases are and so on.  Why haven't we done DNA mapping for all of humanity?  I know we've mapped the human genome (or at least started), but I fear that genetic testing is something that will be reserved solely for the rich and powerful, and it will never affordably fall into the hands of those who need it most.  If we poured our resources into something like this, it would be truly monumental, no other scientific endeavour in the history of humanity would come close to matching it.  But instead of inspiring our curiosity and better natures by engaging in something like this, instead we waste money and lives on things like wars and conjured up conflicts to remain in power.  The fact is this, if you support any war, you are being duped by your Government and you are a moron.  There's no 2 ways about it.  Humanity as a whole needs to do better if we stand a chance.

There's a lot of talk about finding life in other parts of the Universe and how it will validate humanity's own feeling of loneliness and isolation.  There's things like SETI and the Voyager 1 project which are all about the search for extra terrestrial life.  I'm not so sure how wise that is.  Why would we want to advertise ourselves to anyone else out there?  We have great resources, and why do we assume aliens will be anything remotely like us?  Professor Stephen Hawking realises this, and he is aware that we are a pretty terrible species.  We would probably go to war with or harm aliens, and they would most likely wipe us out.  We are pretty pathetic in the grand scheme of things, so it makes no sense to actively seek out these beings that may destroy us.  The universe is big, so just randomly stumbling upon us is almost impossible, but advertising our existence makes it somewhat probable.

Just need to eke out some time before I can get out of here.  Just under 2 hours to go.  Ahhhhhh!  So long! 

Let's call it here.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus