Wednesday, July 02, 2014

No Longer Time To Play

There's no impetus to pray, either.  Time is a funny old thing isn't it?  It becomes so relative depending on your experience.  Boring times get stretched out into near infinite lengths, but the second you start having fun, hours pass by in the blink of an eye.  There's objective time, and then there is experienced time.  The brain is a powerful organ, and it is responsible for how your perceptions interpret the world.  Evidence is before us that the brain actively disengages with reality to focus on certain tasks, because if it really took in everything that was happening to you, the experience would be overwhelming.  So essentially, what you think is real may not actually be how reality is.  Isn't that scary?  None of what's around us right now could be real.  Haha, how very Matrix like!

So a new financial year is upon us, and with it, many changes as a result of the Federal budget.  Typically you would see changes to the tax brackets (or tax rates), but for the past 2 years, they have been exactly the same.  No better outcome, but technically worse.  Wages don't rise in line with cost of living, so when you don't get tax breaks year on year, it actually equals a worse net result for everyone.  The cost of living is just taking off, and it needs to be reined in.  Another thing that irks me is that this so called Conservative Government is raising taxes via the Medicare Levy.  Normally it's 1.5%, but they've increased it to 2% for the foreseeable future.  That's ridiculous, I have private health insurance, which doesn't even really cover all medical expenses.  I don't rely on the public system, yet I'm subsidising it, and I'm getting screwed because if I want to use the public system, I have to pay lifetime health cover loading, which increases several percentage points each year.  I lose so much more money as a result, and I'm in a relatively good financial position.  I'd hate to see what would happen to people who are struggling.  This Government fails on public policy, finance and foreign policy.  What good are they??  On top of that, they are phasing out offsets to net medical expenses.  Gee thanks a lot.  This isn't a government that supports people.

Wow, I can't believe it's only Wednesday.  I'd be able to live if it was Thursday, but we're not quite there yet.  Don't ever change.  There's still yet to be the comeback.

Over the entire industrialised world, we are seeing increased instances of superbugs and diseases that are resistant to drugs and antibiotics.  We don't live in a static world, these things are evolving, and this includes diseases and viruses.  It just goes to show you that nature wins out in the end.  There will be some point where we have exhausted every possible combination of useful drug and antibiotic, and nothing will prove effective against future diseases.  We will die, or some of us will adapt.  Maybe it's what's needed to kickstart evolution again.  Forgive me for quoting Iam Malcolm from Jurassic Park, but "life finds a way". 

There's no work to do so that gives me time to blog, which is a welcome relief from the monotony of life.  This seems new and exciting still. 

It is way too cold for any of this!  We used to have discussions that humans are very attuned to nature, and that we are dominated by the cycles.  Sun is up, we wake up.  Sun is down, and we go to sleep.  So in Winter when it's freezing, why on Earth would we stick to regular schedules and keep working normal hours?  It doesn't make sense.  People are tired, people are cold and they're just not productive.  I'm also a big believer in a 3 day weekend.  People can be just as productive in 4 days if they know 3 days will be used to recharge and relax.

Good grief!  It's only 11:50 in the morning!  There's still stacks of time before I can go home.  As I mentioned earlier about time being relative, it seems to be at a complete standstill for me now. 

Foiled like a zany plan of Batmanian proportions.  I've just coined a new term, thank you very much.  I just need some time!  That's the way to go.  All is not gone yet.  Did I make things too hard for myself?  Yes and no.  Who knows?  Not me, that's who.

Played some great guitar last night.  I don't know what the hell is going on, but just playing 15-20 mins a day only has improved my creativity.  Maybe cause I'm doing things to actively stimulate the creative centre of my brain, but I'm coming up with new and interesting ideas pretty much every time I lay a hand on the guitar!  I've never played like this before.  It's wonderful and I feel inspired to keep going. 

This is just not my day!  Can I be a person who just gets things done?  Wow, in hindsight, this has been one hell of a post.  That reminds me!  It's only 2 months to go until the blog's 10 year anniversary.  That's a bit creepy!  How life has changed since then.  On that note, I'll probably need to stop posting soon, to allow me time to read posts and tag stuff.

I really dislike how Apple prices its products.  The key difference is the iPhone 5S and 5C.  The 5S is meant to be the premium phone, but the 5C is still expensive, weighing in at about $740 AUD for a 16gig model.  That's premium price right there, so the fact the 5S is more expensive is more of a joke.  It hasn't had a full cycle, considering an iPhone 6 is meant to début in September, yet it's still operating at that price.  And the Galaxy S5 is even more expensive than either of them!  Upwards of $700 for a 2 year cycle is not worth the hassle to me.  It's not smart buying.  If you're going to use a smartphone, it makes sense to buy a phone outright and get a sim only plan, since at the end of a hypothetical 2 year period (on a contract plan with a phone), you're much better off.  Why let go of money when you don't have to?  You want a phone that's going to last at least 4 years.  So be careful when you have firmware and OS updates, because sometimes they will slow your phone down.  Sometimes you gotta give up a little bit of security and optimisation to make sure you get your money's worth out of your phone. 

Alright, 45 minutes to go until I can get out of here.  It can't come soon enough!!  But in the interest of brevity, I'll keep it there.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus