Monday, August 01, 2005

It's so big!!!

Haha, just referring to my new monitor which is scaring me cause everything is so damn huge. It's not bad because some readings are now exclusively online for university and it doesn't hurt so much to read small text off a screen. It's a 17" flatscreen and now going to the damn uni monitors which are 14-15" is just a terrible pain in the ass.

"Well it depends on whether the person is getting any oral stimulation...OH OH I meant Aural, sorry that was a big mistake" - Tutor of one of my classes. Absolutely hell-arious methinks.

Had an interesting day to say the least. Now have a morning class on Mondays. It's a tute for Legal Theory and I was dreading it as soon as I showed up because everyone seemed to be mature age and that they were all going to crap on like many of them do. However, our tutor was brilliant and actually engaged the class on the topic of Marxism and it inspired healthy debate, and free ideas and I was so damn happy. That's the way tutorials should be, a free discussion on a given topic. I've never been so interested in a topic before, and for it to be about such a gigantic concept like Marxism, it's just amazing.

Then a tutorial for another class. The Lizzie McGuire tute as I call it. The class is bearable for 2 reasons. 1) Lizzie McGuire girl is utterly entertaining. 2) There is also a ridiculously attractive girl in the class. Other than that it is utterly infuriating because there are several dominant personalities who ABSOLUTELY have to argue about every point with a distinct lack of empricism in their remarks and also think they are right just because it is them saying it. I decided to not annihilate them because I don't want to come off looking like a total bastard in front of Lizzie McGuire, who I must find a way to woo even though there may be extenuating circumstances which shall not be discussed in any detail....!

Teachers. They're not supposed to be hot. The closest I've ever come was a decent looking tutor last year. While waiting for a class, I peered into the room to find an absolute BABE teaching Japanese. This got me thinking. Does having an attractive teacher make learning easier or is it a distraction? I can't answer this question because I've never been able to procure myself a hot teacher (in a class that I was actually apart of). I'm guessing here, but I don't think we can oversimplify this. It depends on the nature of the subject being taught. Let's say it was French, I'd like to learn it again and if I had a hot teacher, I would probably be able to pick it up much faster and make an effort to learn it. However, if it was something like Chinese (which is an impossible language for a native English speaker of 20 years, and I have no reason for wanting to learn it), then I think I would find the teacher's attractiveness a distraction to justify not learning. Think about it!

That's it for today folks. Have a nice day.
blog comments powered by Disqus