Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Home Life

Oh won't you please take me home??

As mentioned, here is a quick post from me! Ahhh so what's new? Absolutely nothing really. My parents have things to do tomorrow so it turns out that I must drive to and from uni myself. Lovely, this task must be accomplished with barely any sleep and in freezing, wet temperatures! Tough, but we'll see how I go.

Ahh France, it's such an awesome country. As I always say to the other when something France related comes up - "France, it's been so good to us". Haha, I want to move there one day! Granted, I don't speak or understand much of the language anymore, but I'll learn dammit!

What I find puzzling is Lizzie McGuire (the television show). Those in the know can tell you that it was a Disney show and that the show spanned from the end of 2k to mid 2k2. At the start Lizzie McGuire was just an average teenage girl looking to just get through High School and carve out a unique niche for herself. But as the first series finished up and she entered grade 8, she had suddenly developed into the antithesis of everything she wanted to be just a year earlier. She had become shallow, fashion conscious and boy chasing and slightly stupid. What kind of message does this send out to the poor young girls who watch this show? To sell out on all that you hope to be, on all their ideals and hopes? Let me guess "be individual, be a typical cheerleader girl and snag yourself a boyfriend".

The other has a gripe with the current method of teaching, and just that - the whole education system as it currently stands. I must say that the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to agree. He says that they never teach you anything outside of what they WANT you to know. It doesn't matter if it's helpful (which most of the time it isn't) or if it's not. This is holding us back, and the current education paradigms are stupid and need to be abolished and a new way of learnings needs to be established. Let's face it, the current system doesn't work, just take a look around the world. People aren't getting what they want from life. The few will always triumph over the many and that's not right at all.

I hate pretentious little shits, haha not literally, but you know what I mean, I hope. I met a friend of a friend last week who happens to be in one of my tutes and she was saying how she's such a nerd and she owns all the complete books from our readings (our readings are only a select few chapters from said books). These morons are like 20 something years old, working and attending uni and they think they are top shit and act like they're in their mid 30's or something like that. What pissed me off most about this girl was that despite all her claims, she turns out to be totally pretentious and nobody pays attention to what she says in class.

Yes, I am a nihilist.

Also had a terrible waking dream in that very class this week. Lizzie McGuire (the girl) was telling a story about her work (she works in some sort of food place) and the teacher asked where she worked and she was about to say, when the girls on the other side of class interrupted and the whole point was dropped!! SHIT! Like 1 second from sheer awesomeness, it's all over!!

What's wrong with the world?! Cat Davies left Hot Source!! NOO! Now I have nothing to watch in the afternoons, which I guess means more work, hooray!

Goddamn tech support!!! I was having a problem with my DVD Drive (which turned out to be related to the actual DVD, not even the drive), and the bloody moron (it should be called tech hinderance) instructed me to do something which messed up my bios!! She honestly had no idea what the hell she was doing. She sounded like an Indian woman (judging from the heavy accent), and I know I shouldn't rag on immigrants, but gahh, these call centres packed with ethnic people is a REALLY bad idea. I spent 2 hours on the phone trying to fix the problem!! In the end she gave me some spiel about the company not being liable and then it was over. 5 minutes after being left to my own devices, I fixed the problem, sheeeit. That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back! And I was planning to study this afternoon too! What made it a crazy experience was that she was saying I sounded really mature on the phone and it made me feel really uncomfortable. Small talk should be banned.

Last night I devised a novel way of killing someone. If you've ever gone to take a McLeak at night and didn't want to turn the lights on for fear of blinding yourself and not being able to go back to sleep (don't worry, there's enough light reflecting off the moon to see), you'll notice that when you pull your pants down, there are a few sparks of static. So the plan is to pump the bathroom full of air freshener (it contains flammable material) or even just spray their pants with deoderant and then get then when they go to the bathroom, KABLAMO!!! Think about how awesome it would be (even if there isn't an explosion, the flame should burn quite nicely especially in areas that your pants cover hehe)

There is a band comp at uni and I'm wondering whether to watch it or not. The ex-hoe is going to be there and I really don't want to see her, but I want to see if those bands are any good. The other and I plan on winning that comp because we're damn awesome.

Damn, this was huge! I'm sorry.

Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus