Saturday, August 06, 2005

4 to the floor, I was sure...

I apologise that it's been so long since my last past, but I have been terribly lazy, there's no other reason so again, I am so very sorry! Have no fear, I shall also be getting the other to blog ASAP.

Not a lot has been going on, but luckily I have compiled a few blog notes when things have happened in order to keep the rest of you entertained.

I must again sing the praises (delicious pun) of Brooke Fraser! She's just a phenomenon. I wish more people had heard of her but it doesn't matter because she's going to be the next big thing in music.

I have also come to a discovery. That Missionary Girl is the spitting image of television presenter and former model Erika Heynatz! No wonder she's so damn sexy in a totally immoral way! There was also a rather funny moment when she walked into a class and all the guys stopped talking for a slight fraction of a second and all looked at her. Then one of the mature age students commented "she's quite the salacious one" and I just burst into a fit of laughter. I also came to realise that this same dude is so very jaded and cynical. He pays out EVERYTHING and EVERYONE, and it's highly disturbing. Some girl coughed softly and he said "what a pathetic cough" and it just descended into primary school immaturity and I was shocked that this could come from a mature age student who was married! What kind of woman could put up with that?!

I don't know if anyone has seen the new Continental food ads with Mena Suvari but they are absolutely priceless! The ad consists of Mena Suvari all dolled up having dinner with this rather unattractive, overweight Australian guy and he's proceeding to dump her over this meal. The next cut is of her crying hysterically and I just thought the whole idea was damn hell-arious.

One of the FUNNIEST episodes of my life occurred last week. The other was having lunch with a friend when I happened upon them. We started talking about Oportos and I eventually managed to change the subject to the absolutely gorgeous manager who works there (who also probably thinks that I only go there to perve rather than to eat). Then the friend goes "Is her name by chance Clare Metcalf?" and my mouth just dropped open and I laughed like a maniac. This is indeed her name and it turns out that a lot of guys on campus know of her and engage in the same umm "spectator/consumer" activity when they go there. So she's a cult hero and doesn't even know it, absolutely golden. What were the odds of such a coincidence coming into fruition?!

There was also another freaky coincidence on Thursday when I found out some interesting info. A few weeks back, after learning Lizzie McGuire girl's real name, I decided to google her (yes I know, I have no life) and I came across some X-Files fanfics. I just thought that it was a coincidence but then in the lecture on Thursday she admitted to being a gigantic fan of the X-Files when it hit me that it was HER that had written the fan fics (the name on the page wasn't just a first name match, it was a full name match). Her writing style is dodgy, and highly juvenile (well then again it was from her early high school days) but her personal stuff on the page was very eccentric and I enjoyed reading it a lot. Being a big fan of the show myself, I think I may have something to break the ice with, especially since we have some group activities in class next week.

I've also noticed that I'm getting a lot of bad moods at uni for no particular reason. They just come and go and I cannot explain it which is very weird.

Roundabouts at peak hour are actually quite fun. The general rule of course is to give way to your right. So all you have to do is look in that direction and when there's an opening in the traffic, you just fly. You also can't go slowly, lest the traffic behind you catches up, but nothing beats the feeling of the G Forces going around them!

And finally! Yesh, I got the internet connection sharing working on the network!! Huzzah!!! I am a genius! I also discovered that for some reason my net is working faster on the older computer now than it ever did even though it has to go through the gateway of the new comp! How strange. What a strange world we live in after all.

Have a nice day folks.
blog comments powered by Disqus