Sunday, August 28, 2005

Lost Souls Forever

Again I apologise for my lengthy absence, but I have now returned, so do not fear!

Haha once again it has happened. Just like 24, I have watched a show just because of an attractive female, only to discover that the show is actually pretty good in terms of story line and acting. The new example is Hustle on the ABC. It's a British show about con artists and it's brilliantly done (and yes, Jaime Murray is a FOX).

Woohoo! Only 1 more week of school and then a good 2 week break. Unfortunately I have an absolute SHITELOAD of work due afterwards so I'm going to be extremely busy. I attended a Law Revue last night (of course at our rival university), and it was an absolute riot! So much wit, law related in-jokes and politically incorrect humour, I loved it. It was also helped by the fact that there were some damn attractive women in the troupe, and now I'm cursing my luck for not having such sophisticated, good-looking women in our law program.

And had some scary shocks last week. I found out Missionary Girl is 24!! My entire class for that unit is at least 24!!! They're all final year freaks!! How could this be happening??! Why am I so young compared to everyone else? I'm doing my classes in the proper order, it makes no sense. I also sat next to her in that class and she ABSOLUTELY wreaked!! I am willing to attribute it to being an early morning class and she must have just ran up from her dorm at the last minute and wasn't able to get ready. But argh, I had to lean over to the other side of the desk in order to stop myself short of gasping for air. That's 2 girls within 6 years who I've had a minor thing for who have absolutely wreaked at the exact moment where I didn't want them to, but alas, I digress and must carry on!

There were also 2 rich boys in that class, and our teacher had recently become aware of that and has not ceased paying them out (pun intended). They're the type that don't bother to learn and just make things up when asked questions, and look incredibly stupid. You know the type, flash clothes, asymmetrical hair, it's gold. But to have the teacher lay into them is just pure gold.

What I really hate at uni is being kicked out of computer labs. We have really impoverished facilities at our university so there are never enough comps to go around. Anyway, school policy dictates that classes get preference over people on free time. So even when a class is like 5 people, the whole lab (20 or so computers) gets ordered to clear out. They say it's so classes don't get interrupted, but it's a load of crap, because nobody makes any noise in there anyway.

I had a 2 hour break (in which I had nothing to do) last week, as I couldn't use the computers, so I just walked around the campus outskirts out of sheer boredom, to places that are fenced off and people can't go and what not. Anyway, I covered the ENTIRE campus within 30 minutes, that's just embarrassing! How small is our campus??! The other university in our city is 4 suburbs big, whereas ours is just the size of one! I also took pictures on my phone to illustrate how much of a hole the campus is. However I have no idea how to transfer the stuff to my comp (if anyone has an LG camera phone without Wifi, infra red or blue tooth, please tell me a way that doesn't require a data cable).

That was also the same day that I had no sleep whatsoever before my earliest start, and my brain just died in the afternoon. I was selected to do a judgment on two opposing presentations in class, and I hadn't prepared any notes on the situation so I had to make it up on the fly. And boy, did I suck so very badly. I said all the stuff I needed to but I kept stumbling, backtracking, wasting time, flying off on tangents, it was humiliating. The class was congratulating me afterwards about how well I did, but it was all bittersweet, because I wanted to do really well according to my standards. And to think, I want to be a judge! Gahh! I seem to be having a lot of those moments lately.

If that wasn't the icing on the cake, I wrote a suggestive note to Lizzie McGuire girl and tomorrow will be the first time that I'll see her since then and I'm wondering about the possible consequences now (and knowing my mind, they're all negative). It'll be interesting to say the least.

Had a good convo with the other (don't worry, he'll blog soon, even if I have to poke his corpse with a stick to get him to do it), last week after his return from interstate. The thing about our city is that it's small and not much happens, however the city he went to is where all the people our age want to move to. I absolutely hate Sydney!! There's just too much hustle and bustle and there's just too much shit going on. Our youth pay out our city because nothing happens here, well I say go and fuck off to Sydney, we don't want you here, and we don't want things happening in our city!

Is it just me or did I just suddenly pick up a low opinion of women? I don't know. I'm out, have a nice day folks.
blog comments powered by Disqus