Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I believe in the wonder

Sorry about the lack of updates. Exams were a real bitch. Not even with a week of hardcore prep did it come any easier to me. I don't think I did too badly though. Time will tell. Had a grand time at the other's, with lots of aimless wondering, and funny late night trips and some good gaming on the side. I've officially become the Fifa 2k5 champion of the world! I owe it all to Manchester United. I'd like to thank Ruud Van Nistelroy and Wayne Rooney, my excellent strikers who can just score off anything, even at the craziest of angles (much to the chagrin of the other). I'd also like to thank Paul Scholes and Mister Saha, my midfielders who make a mockery of the defence so that the strikers have an open net, and Mikael Silvestrem who has stopped fouling people every chance and plays a ridiculously good defence. Finally, I'd like to thank Ryan Giggs and Christiano Ronaldo, my corner and free kick takers, who NEVER miss, they're amazing in my hands!

The other has given me a promise that he will be blogging when he wakes up today, so you can look forward to that. I'm going to try to make this a semi-quick one with some decent info because I want to watch Minority Report.

I apologise to Madam N, Coldplay's Speed Of Sound is a good song. I love the piano and the atmosphere of the song, but I do feel that it is way too similar to clocks, but this is the superior song.

Guess what?! Unreal Tournament is back! Haha, yes the original version of the game. I had a problem with my initialisation engine, but deleting the file fixed it right up and now I'm happily fragging away till the early hours of the morning.

Bad news time. I've actually run out of everyday foods! I have to get up early today (which after Minority Report at soon after 1 am is going to be a hard task) in order to shop and do my bloody laundry. You know what's bad? I didn't do it today cause I thought it would rain, but it was sunny and my clothes would have been dry! But it'll probably rain tomorrow and then I'm going to have to use the bloody dryer!

I'm really enjoying the new NRMA ad at the moment. For those who don't know, it's just some guy in an NRMA van driving all over New South Wales observing people. I first saw it on mute and just loved the images. It really captured what it's like to live in Sydney (and makes me want to not live there cause big cities freak me out).

F1 was awesome!!!! Haha a 6 car race, it was sheer insanity. I'm loving it, Schumacher is back in it and hopefully he can come away with the championship from that bastard Alonso!! He'll win!! Alonso will be stopped. Magny Cours on Sunday should be extremely interesting.

Oh I was wrong, so very wrong. Kari is the name of the hot red headed girl on Mythbusters, my apologies! But let's not take anything away from Scottie since she's a damn genius.

Speaking of Mythbusters, the other and I had a brilliant myth of our own. Can you use a normal desktop fan to inflate an air-mattress? After thinking about how to do this, a reverse vacuum like device was concocted using a plastic bag and some cardboard and set about going to work. Eventually the resistance of the air inside the mattress was much too dense to get any new air in, but we didn't have the best materials (however it was brilliantly improvised with what we had) so the results weren't entirely conclusive. So what does the dodgy team of Mythbusters say? Myth = plausible! I'm still in shock over how we got it to work!

The other and I also managed to carry a bloody fully loaded trolley from the shopping centre to his dorm. Carry you say? Surely trolleys are pushed...but not when there's freaking 2 gigantic sets of stairs to go DOWN! We almost died, but it was amazingly done!

I also must take the time to thank the other for giving me lodgings over my exam time and for making one hell of a damn good lunch and dinner on Friday!! He should be a chef!
I also must thank him for
blog comments powered by Disqus